Metal Planet review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Metal Planet

I use this with my Ibanez RG 220b, into a Line 6 Spider II (Spiders are shit no matter what don't ever get one.) This pedal along with my Dimarzio X2N pickup are what give me a good sound. The distortion sounds far better than any of the Spider's distortions. With this pedal you can get settings ranging from AC/DC rock, to Death Metal, with all of them sounding good. As of right now I have the mids boosted to give me an early Megadeth, early Metallica sound, however with the turn of a few dials I can get my sound close to Cannibal Corpse's sound.

I have been using this pedal for almost 3 years and it has only been good to me.I usually play metal/ shred and sometimes classic rock. With a few adjustments this pedal will suit each genre nicely. I just love this pedal because it gives you a good sound, even with a crappy amp. If this thing was stolen I would go out and buy another, and than claim sweet revenge against the bastard that stole it.

This thing is really reliable. Usually I have to change the battery once every 6 weeks or so, but that's because I use this thing a lot. For a gig, with a charged battery I would use it without a backup. When I was moving this pedal fell down the stairs from the 2nd floor to 1st of my old house. It was as if nothing happened only a small scuff but that's it. Trust me this thing is durable.

This pedal is awesome. It has controls for highs, low, and mids, obviously but it also has a control that adjusts the mid frequency. Getting the battery out is a little difficult, but that is this pedal's only major problem. This comes with a manual but I didn't use it, I just adjusted my settings on my own.

webbtje
    Does anyone want to give a review that's not 10/10/10/10? Because seriously, I can't take your review seriously, it just sounds like you bought it and haven't played it yet, especially the guy who says the distortion is "better than my Spider's".
    MrChris
    yeah i find the comments more amusing and helpful then half the interviews on here.
    webbtje
    slayerific wrote: Because seriously, I can't take your review seriously, it just sounds like you bought it and haven't played it yet, especially the guy who says the distortion is "better than my Spider's". Have you ever tried those Spider IIs? They sound like shit when they are distorted.
    That's my whole bloody point. Did you actually read my post? Quite honestly, this is the sentence which leads me not to believe anything you say in the review:
    Yeah, that's right. Get scooped mids by pumping them. Yep, I'm gonna listen to this guy, whose only valid point is "it sounds better than a Spider 2". Pretty much anything does.
    xXChimairaXx
    truthfully, i think the spider III has one of the top 3 heaviest distortion settings around.....still this guy don't know what he talking about because the spider II's were all jacked up.
    slayerific
    That's my whole bloody point. Did you actually read my post?
    Oh sorry I should have mentioned that I tried it on my friend's Marshall stack. I think it was a JCM 2000( the dude is loaded) Anyway I tried the pedal with the amp, and of course it sounded good, but whats the point in using a distortion pedal when the amp has a good natural distortion? Next time I do a review I'll make it more detailed. =)
    Aus-10
    This pedal is pretty good for distortion, but i cant get a biting lead out of it... too thin and tinny for me.
    webbtje
    slayerific wrote: Yeah, that's right. Get scooped mids by pumping them. Yep, I'm gonna listen to this guy, whose only valid point is "it sounds better than a Spider 2 You do know that early Metallica boosted their mids. It was after AJFA they scooped their mids. Megadeth has always boosted their mids.
    This is from Metallica's site:
    Increasing the bass and treble while reducing or eliminating the centre midrange (750Hz) results in what is popularly known as a "scooped" sound (since the midrange frequencies are said to be "scooped" out of the tone). James Hetfield of Metallica used this tone almost exclusively on Metallica's first four studio albums.
    Shhh.
    HC-Deathroll
    Terrible reviews. Descriptions like "Sweet" and "Kick Ass" mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Thank you guys, for absolutely nothing.
    HELLSHREDD
    Maybe you should try the new spidervalve cuz it is the shit & probably better than anything youve ever heard !