Metal Planet review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Metal Planet

The sound is different. I could get decent tones, but never super great tones. When used with my amp slightly overdriven and an OD pedal, it sounds better. It sounds good with a wah for solos as well and there is a lot of variety in the mids, but I couldnt get rid of this "boxey"ness. It sounds better on a tube amp.

It's good for metal, but Rocktron has better pedals. A rampage or Zombie are better if you have a tube amp and wanna go more in the area of high gain Marshall [Rampage] or high gain Mesa [Zombie]. I'd still use the Metal Planet, but for certain applications. And hell, it may be a great recording pedal, but I've never used it for that.

I wouldn't gig with this pedal to be honest. I'm not super excited about the tone, but I can't bring myself to sell it. The pedals an oddball, I'll give it that. I would gig it without a backup, if I were to gig with it. There's definitely something missing from making this another Rocktron classic.

The Metal Planet... Hm. First Rocktron pedal, and my least favorite. I'll explain why later. It's easy to get tones from this, but they all kinda seem... weird. The mids seem a tad boxey, and it sounds best when an Overdrive is infront of this. It's a cleaner Metal Zone, but not so much fizzy distortion. It's hard to explain.