Pulse Tremolo review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Pulse Tremolo

Purchased from: eBay

I use it with a Fender Cyclone or Stratocaster and various solid-state amps. It is not noisy on any setting. The effects are always noticeable and do no noticeable tone sucking. It sounds especially good with fuzz before it. It is capable of achieving almost any tremolo sound that is within the unit's speed limit. That is the unit's only downfall, it cannot pulse fast enough to get a Radiohead tremolo sound like on "Bones."

I play any thing from acoustic folk to power metal, and this has worked whenever I need a low to medium speed tremolo, especially for the price. I wish I knew how fast it pulsed before I bought it, because that is my only problem with it. If it were stolen, I would probably save up for a more expensive tremolo that went as fast as I wanted, but for the price, this thing can't be beat.

It seems fairly well constructed, although not as sturdy as a Boss or EHX Nano unit. I would probably gig it without a backup. The Switch, while of the same design as the EHX Nano line, does not have the same feel when switching it on. Other than that, it seems reasonably reliable.

The Rocktron Pulse Tremolo is very easy to use, with two knobs and one 2-way waveform switch. It did not come with a manual, but if you have the intelligence necessary to play a guitar then you can operate this pedal. I don't know what they'd put in a manual. "Do not drop off of buildings"?

benjy118
    TheDisturbed78 wrote: axis56 wrote: nothing in music dies only its creators..... word
    Tru' Dat'
    lazlow325i
    jbarnes666 wrote: tremolo is dead.
    it's used in quite a bit of great, recently-made music. get your head out of your rear