Rampage review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Rampage

I use this pedal with a Peavey 120w Rockmaster head, Laney 2x12 cab, Ampeg 4x12 cab, and either an LTD FX260SM or an Ibanez SZ320 with stock pickups. This pedal is great if you like higher gain tones. Like all Rocktron pedals, it sounds better through tube amps, and sounds best with only a few things in your signal path. If you like Thrash, Death, Black, or NWOBHM metal, this pedal is great.

Rampage is great. It makes you go into a rampage, and has quite a bit of tonal control for three EQ controls, a volume and a distortion potentiometer. Great stuff comes from the guys at Rocktron and I hope they make more distortion pedals; I've bought all the ones they currently offer right now.

These Rocktron pedals are reliable and durable. Probably almost as much as Boss, except Boss seem to lose tone quality the more they get kicked around in gigbags and whatnot. I'd gig the Rocktron pedals without a backup, and I don't think I'd have much problem with them. If there was a problem, they are pretty cheap to replace, except the Silver Dragon I own, which is 120. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about them much, but I wouldn't want to replace them.

The Rampage is an easy pedal to get a sound out of, with lots of versatility. The manual for it is kinda lacking, but you don't need much to know how to work the pedal properly. The distortion sounds good, and can do most stuff from blues [with the scoop and distortion down low] to metal [with the scoop at at least 4, and the distortion at 3 or higher].

baldico
    New wave was after sabbath,from '79 onwards ie maiden,saxon,leppard etc. Love that fat riffing sound of saxons , by the way.