Silver Dragon review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Silver Dragon

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Set up is like anyother distortion pedal, find a good clean sound and just go. Or with the dragon you can play into the ditorted channel and nopt have horrible sounds come when you dont play. I play it with a peavy 112 Bandit and a Schecter C1FR or Schecter Omen 6. For some reason the Omen sounds better on it but you can get good metal sound out with any guitar even my Squire Strat sounded good. Forget about Bosses, this gives great bottom end and bright highs the tube ditortion sounds great untill you kick in the solid state side then you won't want to go back to the tubeside.

I'm totally into metal and hard rock mostly thrash and older metal like Sabbath, Motorhead. This pedal is great foer metal or any other music needing distortion. I've been playing for 3 or 4 years and used a Arion pedal for like a day then it died that's fine it sucked ass anyways. Then I tried DigiTech and Boss those were alright I guess. If I lost I would definitely buy another one. The plate that covers the tube looks cool when it's light up in the dark. The only down side is you cant change the mids on the pedal that kinda sucks I like have my mids there. This is definitly a pedal you should try out if you like screaming highs and a full bottom end with lotss of distortion whether yo like tubes or solid state.

The pedal is dependable and it comes in an alluminum casing so you can do what you want with it and not do much damage to it. The only problem would be if the Tube 12AX7 goes bad during a song there isn't really a quick way to fix it you would have to pull the pedal apart because the cover that looks cool but doesn't give you enough working room with the tube. If I myself was more of a tube person and not worry about whether it would last opr not I would bring and additional Metal Planet pedal just in case.

The pedal is easy to use once you get used to the way the eqs are named. Basically it has atube on one side Awaken and on the other side is the solid state driver Slayer. It comes with a manual but you dont really need it just mess with what you want to find the sound you want. It looks cool to seven knobs to mess with level. Initial distortion highs lows, solid state dis. and kinda like a presence control. Its tube is covered but the plate has holes in it and when it warms up the plate glows red that is one of the coolest indicators on is something working or not.