Zombie review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Zombie

Purchased from: Amazon

With my guitars and my tube amp, the pedal sounds great for me. You could do pop punk stuff with the distortion at 0, but I don't. It's not so much noisy as it is something to get used to. With the bass at 8, sometimes the treble still seems too much at 5, but I have a lot of highs from my amp and EQ. I can get a Metallica tone effortlessly, as well as abunch of modern artists heavy distortion tones.

Sounds awesome for metal, versatile with what you play [ie, if you play bluesy, the sound is a distorted bluesy tone, rather than a raucous metal tone]. With my LTD FX260SM, the sustain is way more than needed for any songs. I chose this because it's the last distortion Rocktron has, and I'm glad I tried it out.

Rocktron are pretty solid pedals. I have four of em and they all still work two-three years later. They are my go to company for pedals. I would gig it without a backup, but I do have other Rocktron pedals. I would depend on them at a gig.

This pedal is kinda special, and gets a great sound very easily. It's a rectifier distortion to use on a clean tube amp. Sounds great. The manual tells you a good starting point for your pedal, and I didn't move much from there, except to lower the bass a little, and to put the stare control at about 1-2.