WP-101 Wah-Wah Pedal review by Rogue

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Rogue: WP-101 Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: Ebay

I use an Ibanez prestige RG with a matching Ibanez amp. The Rogue pedal is ok for low-level use but will start to overload if you use the full effect of it. It has a loud and abusive tone to it. It also cracks and pops. It does not work well with any of my other pedals because it drains the power from them. The overall effect of the pedal is weak and can not recreate any sounds from any artists that I have listened to, nor can it create a decent sound.

I play some classic rock, so the pedal does get some use. It matches some of the songs that I play, but not many. Overall, I would say that the pedal is a poor match for my style of playing. I've been playing for about ten months, so I thought that a Wah-Wah would be essential. I wish that I had looked at the other brands of pedals before I purchased this one. I'm considering buying a Weeping Demon now. If this pedal was stolen or lost, I would not try to replace it simply because I don't use it. If I did, then I certainly wouldn't buy another Rogue brand pedal. Overall, I really don't like the pedal because of poor quality and power consumption.

The pedal is not very durable because of the plastic that it is made od. If you step on it too hard or even drop it, the housing will crack or break. I wouldn't recomend this pedal simply because of that, because once you start to play and you get into the moment, you're not going to step on the pedal gently are you? No, you're going to stomp on it and then end up having to buy a new one. I would definately have a backup at a performance. Possibly two.

it's not the greatest effect pedal, but it's good for the price. I wish that I had bought a better quality pedal though, mine isn't that great. It's really easy to use, though the housing is weak because it's made of plastic. Mine cracked near the top left of the pedal. I also hate the power consumption of it. I have a one spot wall adapter for all of my pedals and the Rogue Wah-Wah just absolutely drains the power from the other pedals.

SLCONKL
    I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THIS PEDAL TO ANYONE!!! IT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!!!