BOSS DS-1 review by Roland

Roland: BOSS DS-1

I'm Using A Fender Squier Strat, And A Pretty Big Silvertone 26w Amp. Its Very Noisy. It Gets A Buzz & Fuzz Everytime I Mess with the pickup on my strat. The Effects Are GREAT. They Always Sound Great If You Know What Your Doing With The Settings. I Can Get The Great Sound Of My Fav Artist Kurt Cobain. Nirvana Is My All Time Fav Band. Distortion Is Superb. I Don't Really Like Too Much Tone On It Though. It Makes It Sound Sorta Weird. Idk, Can't Explain It. Haha. (Note: when the 9v battery starts to ware out, the sound is very poor and sour.)

I Play mostly Nirvana. It is a great match. Kurt used this pedal on the recordings of Bleach And Nevermind. I've Been Playing For 7 Months. Even Though its my first pedal, I will always use this pedal. I will always cherish it. I don't wish I wouldve asked anything about the ds1 cause its perfect. If it were stolen/lost I would definantley buy another one. I love how it can match any artist from Kurt Cobain To Slash To Pearl Jam. don't Hate Anything! My Fav Feature Is The Distortion. No I haven't Compared to any other products. I Wish It Had less tone and more distortion. Overall: Great Pedal. If You Like Grunge, Buy It!

I Can most definantly depend on this bad boy. It hasn't Failed Me Yet. I Can Always Depend On This Baby. I would Most definantly take it to a gig. Although it wont fail me, I'd take an extra 9v battery just in case. Other Than that, you can take to gigs and stomp on it all day without worrying about it breaking. JUST REMEMBER! EXTRA 9v BATTERY.

Very Easy Pedal To Work with. Its Easy To Get A Good Sound If You Know Where The 'Sweet Spot' Settings Are. It's Dark Orange, 3 Knobs: Tone, Level, Distortion. And There Is Also a 9v AC Adapter Input.(adapter not included)Entirely Made Outta Metal. Its Gonna Take A Couple Of Armegedons To Break This Baby. There Is A Manual. You don't need it though. A monkey could figure it all out. Lol. But it basically just shows you a couple sample settings. I suggest you find your own sound though. My unit has not been upgraded and I don't look forward to doing that.

FreekBos
    It's a good thing you bought a BOSS. These pedals are pretty good. You will use it for a couple of years. The Silvertone and Squier of course are starter equipment. I don't know how ofter you play your guitar and if you are planning to join or start a band? But if you are, you really need to consider upgrading you guitar and amp. Start with a new amplifier, no modeling! and no Solid states. You like Kurt, Slash and Pearl Jam? Go with a Hibrid amplifier or (if you got the cash) a full tube amplifier. And don't get fooled by watts. I'm playing a 5 watt Blackstar amp (HT5-H). It is LOUD!
    FreekBos
    Here's another tip. Read the review from WhiteRaven13 on the Epiphone Les Paul Studio. He's using his Les Paul with the DS1. Excellent choice I must say. Here's the setup you should consider for your Kurty like slash tone: Go for the Epiphone Les Paul (Round 500 bucks, not the cheap ones!) or better, The Gibson Les Paul Studio (900 pop... A little bit more expensive but worth the money) Keep using that DS1 Take a look at the blackstar HT amplifiers, they are fantastic. With this you got the setup I use. Try it out!
    MaggaraMarine
    This Is Very Hard To Read When You Write Every Word With Capital First Letter Please Learn To Write Without Doing That.