BOSS GT-10 Review

manufacturer: Roland date: 04/05/2012 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Roland: BOSS GT-10
review (1) pictures (4) 1 comment vote for this gear:
BOSS GT-10 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 05, 2012

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Online

Ease of Use: It seems to me like this has been made for the PC recorder. I had a GT-6 and it had a Harmoniser (which I found useful). The GT-10 does not. The editing side is good but not a patch (pardon the Pun) on the Vox ToneLab SE which I own as well. The two pedals are very useful for me. The GT-6 had a quality that was far better. All pedals should have a Tuner pedal separate to the others. The editing side is easy and the sounds a little over baked. // 4

Sound: I am a little disappointed with regard to the sounds and they appear muddy when trying to cutting through a live mix. I always find I have to have the two pedals hooked up and swap between the Vox ToneLab and the GT-10 with an A&B box. I always end up back on the Vox ToneLab. They both have some things better than the other but overall the Vox gets the most use. The quality I personally believe has dropped in the GT-10. The reverbs and Chorus are good on the GT-10. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Always had a Boss GT in some form and always been reliable and road worthy. The only fault I have found is when the pots loosen up over age and can cause the patches to faulter and loosing knobs. I have kept my GT-6 on the road by repairing it myself and now look forward to be proved wrong with my first few months with my GT-10. // 8

Overall Impression: I work every weekend and have for nearly 40 years "22 years of which as a Bass player and the rest as a guitarist". I currently work in Clubs, Hotels and the usual commercial venues playing all across the board with regard to styles. This is why I use a Guitar effects processor for my ever changing requirements of sound. But musicians are never happy (totally). I would not replace the GT-10 if it was stolen or lost. I would have like to have known it didn't have a harmoniser (my fault). I use a Gibson Les Paul, Fender Strat (with Texas Specials) and a Nashville Telcaster into the Guitar effects and then my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp. // 6

More Roland reviews rating category latest review
+ Micro Cube Bass RX 8 Bass Amplifiers 09/08/2015