Heartbreaker review by Rothwell

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Rothwell: Heartbreaker

Purchased from: www.rothwellaudio.co.uk

My set up is Epiphone Les Paul Classic > Rothwell Heartbreaker > Aria Ape 2 (just use it for delay) > Vox AC15 CC1X. This pedal has some slight hum but it's not very noticable at all. This pedal has some real balls, for rhythm it gives you a nice tight crunch, but this pedal just excels when I play lead, especially added with a hint of delay, It will produce a Gary Moore Tone very easily.

I play a range of Blues, Classic Rock and classic Metal and it is a perfect match, you can put this pedal into the low gain setting to get a very nice blues tone or you put into high gain and this is where the pedal sounds very good, especially for lead and ryhthm. If it were stolen I would definately buy another one cause this pedal sounds amazing. I just love the great lead tones and crunchy rhythm I can get from this pedal.

This has a very strong metal case and looks very sturdy. I would use this without a back up cause I'm currently broke because it's an expensive pedal. It also has a large bit of rubber on the bottom to protect the pedal which is good especially for gigging. I haven't gigged with it as of yet but will soon though.

This pedal is very easy to use, has 4 controls - Gain, Bass, Treble, volume and also has a gain boost which you can get a low gain or high gain sound. It took a little time to get the right sound because this pedal is quite bassy but it was worth Eq'ing it because the sound is fantastic.