SFX-02 Tweak Fuzz review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SFX-02 Tweak Fuzz

Purchased from: Sam Ash, used

I am currently using a Gibson Les Paul Studio and Fender American Standard Strat through a Vox AC4TV. With a little tweaking and use of the volume and tone knobs on my guitars, I can go from Hendrix to Black Keys to Early Led Zeppelin tones. I also have a Dunlop Fuzz Face and a EHX Big Muff (I was going through a bit of a fuzz faze for a while). This pedal has kicked them both off of the board. The only issue is that when I lower the gain for some lighter fuzz sounds, you have to crank the volume all the way up to get it sounding decent, other wize this is a great pedal.

I wasn't looking for this pedal (even though I had heard good things about it). I just happen to stop in at a local Sam Ash store and saw it sitting there and had to give it a try. It sounded as good as some of the demos I've heard. I'm very pleased with this pedal and for the price, I couldn't pass it up.

I seems sturdy enough. It has a good metal casing. Even thought the input and output jacks are plastic, that doesn't seem to be an issue.Seymore Duncan makes good products. I don't forsee any problems with this pedal. I also like the 9v plug. Just stomp and fuzz.

Very easy to use. I put it right after my Crybaby Wah pedal in the chain without any problems, like I had with my Fuzz Face. I sometimes boost it with my TS-9 (another pedal I picked up used for a good deal) to give it a little boost on the lower gain settings.