SFX-02 Tweak Fuzz review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SFX-02 Tweak Fuzz

Purchased from: Ebay

My preferred guitar is my Jackson Warrior with DiMarzio X2N high gain pickups and the Bugera 6262 120 watt tube amp. That all translates to already high gain levels, and makes it all just that much nastier. Now, I do like to push gain, and that does mean it gets a bit noisy if I have my amp set to Lead or Crunch, but that is no big deal, as the feedback cleans up if you dial the volume back. The gain is highly noticeable, and volume isn't there to take up space, either. Both can be tuned to whatever style you prefer, and can tweak pretty easily. The Tweak knob is a simple click switch with six preset positions you can choose from. Each of these positions modifies the signal, starting from some slight dirt all the way to Cthulhu, and is still further tweakable with the Gain knob. They work in tandem, as the Tweak provides more backing gain in excess of what you already have on tap. It will try to bite back, if you don't pay attention!

Music Style: Metal, Blues, Fuzz. This pedal fits my playing style very well, and rounds out my sound quite nicely. I have been playing for 7 years, and my gear includes, with the aforementioned gear, a Dime-O-Flage ML, Razorback Lonestar, ZT Lunchbox, Line 6 Spider Iii 120 212, Paul Allendar PRS (Purple), Krank Krankshaft Overdrive, JOYO High Gain Distortion, Big Muff Pi, Fuzz God II, and Boss Metal Zone. Buy Again: Of Course. It has all the features I need, and I wouldn't change it.

It is an extremely rugged housing, being steel or another hardy meta, and all the knobs are fairly sturdy. The foot switch itself has strong return, and a very loud thunk as you click down on it. However, my Tweak knob is a bit loose when turned all the way to the right, but I am going to fix that, so no worries at all. I would definitely use this without a backup and not second guess myself.

This unit is almost too easy! It has three simple knobs (dedicated volume, gain, and the Tweak setting, a click knob with six different positions) and the kick pot. That's all you need and all you get.