SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic

The Twin Tube Classic has great sound quality. I play this through a Gibson Les Paul Studio. You can put it through almost any setting and it will sound good and it will never get noisy. The sound ranges from distorted and raw, to fat and chunky.

I play punk and alt. rock in a band. It sounds just great. The $200 that you will pay is worth every last penny. Not only is it great for punk and alt. rock, but you can get a bluesy, or classic rock tone. I don't have any regrets about buying the twin tube classic. Pick one up now.

The thing is heavy duty. It comes incased in steal. I would definatley gig without a backup. The tubes are supposed to last three times longer then normal tubes.

The pedal is pretty simple. It has two channels: rhythm and lead. Each one has its own set of volume and gain controls, and they share the same bass and treble knobs. There are two button. One is bypass and the other is the channel select so you don't have to step through different channels to get to the one you want.

toddf007
    I am running a Peavey ValveKing 212 tub amp. I play things like Pantera, Metallica, Ozzy... you get the picture. Would this be a good distortion pedal? I now have a Keeley Mod Metal Zone pedal, but actually like the distortion through just my amp better. I liked my Metal Zone through my Cube 30x solid state amp. It made it sound much better. It doesn't sound as good to me through my tube amp, but the amps distortion sounds pretty good. I was looking at this one and the Damage Control Solid Metal and the MXR Dime Distortion pedal. Any input would be helpful. Thanks
    AdamRainStopper
    Use it as a clean boost (rhythm channel, gain at 10 o'clock, volume pegged, bass at 9-10 o'clock, treble at 2-3 o'clock) in front of your VK with the VK set to crunch, kick in the pedal and it boosts a crunch in to wicked high-gain. Search Adam RainStopper on youtube to hear what it does in front of my Classic 30. I use it on almost every song these days.
    CrimsonRoc
    it's a tube driven overdrive that makes it like your pushing your tubes to the max. And it's definitely worth it. It sounds amazing.
    V_mike
    I'm gonna try out the other SD pedals. Has anyone else tried them?
    Silky Smooth
    This is more for a classic gain type of sound Classic rock and 80's metal like iron maiden are easily doable with this. Pantera and heavier bands like you'd b better off with a different pedal.
    jerbal
    theres a new thing out called the twin tube mayhem , which sounds like satans orgasm . i shit you not .
    fishpimp
    I played this next to a Radial ToneBone back and forth for a good 40 minutes and walked out with the Seymour. I'm strummin' on a Gretsch Streamliner into the SFX03>Boss RE-20>Peavey Classic 30. It's got the classic rock/blues/southern-fried rock sound down dead nuts.
    shooter45
    I have this beast teamed up with an Epi les paul with alnico 2's and a Marshall Avt 275, great combo unit for classic rock and blues, I used to have several other pedals now its just the seymour and my rig thats it every classic sound comes out of what I play. A little pricey but any tone junkie will pay it ..totally worth you won't be disappointed.
    stiff-upper-lip
    I tried this yesterday and its beautiful. Gives good tones and has two great channels. one for Rhythm and another for lead, both able to give a sweet blues, but also able to push to a nice overdrive sound. Does come for 209 though. worth I think. I'll be saving up for one.