GLXD16 Wireless System review by Shure

Shure: GLXD16 Wireless System

Purchased from: Reverb.com

Here is how easy it is to hook up the Shure GLXD16.

1. Take it out of the box.
2. Plug the pedal receiver into the front of your signal train.
3. Hook up the included 9 volt adapter, or your 9 volt pedal power supply.
4. Plug in the guitar body pack, and switch it on.
5. Rock the fuck out.

There are other small adjustments that can be made to the pedal that require a bit of tweaking, but you can literally take it out of the box and plug it in. There is no channel searching, no scanning, it connects within a few seconds and you are ready to go. The unit comes with an awesome manual so that shows how to operate every aspect of the unit.

The true goal of a wireless system is to transport the signal as transparently as possible from the pack to the receiver. I would imagine that a "good" sounding wireless system would be a very transparent one. This system is as transparent as can be. There is an individual gain adjustment setting so you can set the system's output to match your favorite guitar cable regardless of quality or length. I have a/b tested this system against a few cables and after setting the correct gain there is legitimately no difference in sound quality to my ear.

The reason I purchased this system (at a much higher price) than a Line 6 G30 or G50 is because Line 6 systems are inconsistent and some of the transmitter packs have plastic battery enclosures that break and render the system unusable. The body pack of the Shure system is made out of metal, and has one switch on the top that is mostly recessed into the unit. The metal casing that holds the lithium-ion battery is sturdily made and will not break off if the unit is hit into something or dropped. The pedal receiver is metal and has a solid switch to mute/tune. (It is a TC Electronic-style switch that doesn't click loudly)I bought this unit used and it worked perfectly. It has no defects or mechanical problems. This unit comes with a lifetime warranty. Pretty sure you won't need it.

Regardless of whether or not you are a guitarist or bassist, this system will work great for you. This unit is a bit pricier than many others, but if you want to own one system for a long time and not worry about it breaking or otherwise, then buy this one. I took the unit to a large venue and ran around in the audience during sound check, I actually had to exit the building before there was any dropout. I have played a couple gigs with this unit and it has performed flawlessly. The battery holds up to 18 hours on a single 3 hour charge. You will not be spending hundreds of dollars on cheap AA batteries. All you need to charge the unit is a micro USB port. (A cable is included with the unit.) The receiver sits on my pedal board (a Pedaltrain PT-JR) just like all of my other pedals and is very convenient. The tuner (strobe or needle) works so well that my TC Electronic Polytune is now back in it's box on my shelf. The engineers at Shure have been doing some good work with this one and they really have a winner with this unit. If someone stole this unit I would assemble the A-Team and break their kneecaps with a sledgehammer. If I couldn't assemble them, I would purchase another unit immediately, even at full price. After buying this unit, you will grow to detest 1/4" guitar cables.