SN-10S Pedal Tuner review by Snark

Snark: SN-10S Pedal Tuner

Purchased from: Amazon

It is incredibly easy to use if you just need it as a regular tuner. I haven't messed with the pitch calibration, so I don't know how that works, but it doesn't look like it'd be very hard. There's a pitch cal. button and up and down buttons on the back to control it. The foot switch is very smooth it isn't one of the ones that clicks when you turn it on or off it just gets pushed down and you know it's on because of the bright LED screen. As I said before it works for any tuning since it is fully chromatic and it can read the low string on a 5-string bass.

This is a wonderful pedal tuner. It silences the signal when it is on and doesn't seem to effect your guitar's tone when it is off. It does just what it is supposed to do. No need for any overly expensive other tuner such as the polytune which one of my friends swears by. It works great with both guitars and basses (even 5-string basses). There's really not much more to say on it since there is no coloring of the sound and it is perfectly silent when it is turned on. I don't hear any difference between it and much more expensive tuners.

This pedal is definitely made well. It has metal casing and weighs more than you would expect for this little thing, but not too much. It is probably the last pedal I would expect to break out of the ones I have. I would absolutely gig with this pedal without a backup. It's build quality highly surprised me for the price. I might say that it is built better than the polytune (I compare it to that because I am really annoyed about how much my friend talks about his, but he has to since he spent 90 euro on it).

I love this pedal. Before I had this one I had a fender tuner that had to stay on all the time and didn't silence the signal so I everyone would hear me tuning during gigs, it was probably pretty annoying. Now I can silently go between E standard and Drop D no problem. I would recommend you save your money for other pedals or a better power supply instead of getting anything fancier than this. It works great for any tuning even C#. I haven't found anything wrong with this tuner to complain about.

stephen.kent.12
    I've been gigging with one for 2 years and it's been as reliable as rain on a bank holiday. Get one, it's as simple as that!