SN-2 Clip On Tuner review by Snark

Snark: SN-2 Clip On Tuner

Price paid: A$ 25

Purchased from: Ebay

Not that this category is really needed for this particular review. I use it with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Epiphone ukulele and, Cort acoustic, however it will tune almost all instruments. You can calibrate the pitch of the tuner anywhere from 415hz - 466hz. You are able to tune with a capo on simply by pushing the "flat" symbol, the tuner will now recognise that you have a capo on and will adjust itself to show standard tuning. You are able to go up to the 4th fret with a capo. I will give it an 8 as you could use some volume with the metronome however it is just an added feature.

I play all different styles of music and tune my guitars a fair bit. It is definitely a handy thing to have to tune quickly, quietly and without trouble. I know that there are many other clip on tuners out there, I bought the Snark as it is much more versatile. The best feature it has would have to be both the bright led screen and the vibration sensor. If it where stolen I would kick the tight ass that stole it in the balls and order another one straight away. I would say a must have cool little gadget for anybody that has more than 1 instrument.

It is made of plastic and am not sure if it can handle a whole heap of abuse. I would definitely use it to gig without a back up, at the end of the day it is not a part of your equipment that is going to be getting stomped on or moved around alot. Also with its power saving feature it is less likely the battery will die on you, again if this is a concern you can always carry a spare $2 battery with you. I will give this a 8 as it isn't bulletproof but just like the rest of the clip on tuners none are really a stand-out.

Ok so pull your Snark SN-2 tuner out of the box and the little protective cover it comes in, pull out the battery from it's packet, slide open the cover push it in and away you go. Clip it onto the headstock of your instrument, push the large silver button and away you go. It has 2 tuning features, vibration sensor or built in mic. It has a bright lit LED screen easy to see even in dim lit rooms, also has a energy saving system, whilst it is on if it doesn't detect a note within 10 seconds it dims the screen, after 2 minutes with no notes it will turn itself off. It tunes a variety of instruments not that I have tested them all but it claims it can tune stringed instruments, woodwind, and brass instruments, will even tune up your oboe. I have used it to tune up my electric guitar, acoustic guitar, ukulele and my housemates banjo. Also cross checked it with the piano. It tunes accurately and quickly, the use of the vibration sensor is excellent to tune up quietly. It has a solid rubber base so it won't be falling off your guitar you can also spin it around to suit any direction you want. Has a tap tempo metronome, not used that much but it is still an added feature. I give this a 10 because of the value for money you get.