Super Bawl Whine-O-Wah Review

manufacturer: Snarling Dogs date: 11/26/2007 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Snarling Dogs: Super Bawl Whine-O-Wah
The Super Bawl Whine-O is the Whine-O wah with 2 additional features. Hormone Control enables you to switch between an Estrogen (clean) and Testosterone (dirty) wah sound. Twinductor Beef Boost enables you to activate a second inductor, causing the wah to sound especially thick!
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.9
 7.8
 3,548
review (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
Super Bawl Whine-O-Wah Reviewed by: cyclefreak207, on november 26, 2007

Ease of Use: This wah is amazingly simple. I didn't get a manual with this as it was returned to the store after some one bought it and didn't like it. The one I got was in mint condition. The sounds really depend on your taste. It has a true bypass which makes for good sounds when the pedal is turned off. // 10

Sound: You first have to plug it in, then you gotta figure out if you want a bassish sound or a trebbly sound or something in the middle. So the choices are whiteroom (bass), voodoo (mid), or shaft (trebly) and then there is a Switch on the opposite side for if you want distortion added. Pretty damn simple. then you can push on the second inductor. I don't really see a difference in it, other than it makes the sound a little crisper and a little more noticeable. Then you have a volume. Very easy to get a good sound out of it. I use this with my Marshall mg and it sounds fantastic and with a Boss MD-2. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank. I know everyone says that for their new pedal. But this thing, it's got a huge outter casing, and the pushing thing is shaped like a foot, you really feel it's sturdyness when your pounding on it. I would definately depend on this thing with no backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I love it. I play this along with my Gretsch electromatic solid body, Marshall MG100HDFX, and a Boss MD-2. If it were lost I probably wouldn't be able to afford another one, but I got such a good deal I had to buy it, and it's been amazing to me since. I love how freakin easy it is to dial in your sound, it has the switches to guide you through it. I also love the fact that it has a semi distortiony sound in it. it's just an all out great pedal. Much better than any Crybabies or Vox pedals I tried. It's phenomenal. // 10

More Snarling Dogs reviews rating category latest review