ST-200 Turbo Tuner review by Sonic Research

Sonic Research: ST-200 Turbo Tuner

Purchased from: Sonic Research website

Since it's a tuner, I'm basing the sound on a couple of things. First of all, it's true bypass so it doesn't affect my tone, which I appreciate. Also, this thing is extremely accurate. So it makes my guitar sound great. When it is on and tuning, it mutes the signal so I could tune without being annoying at a gig. Awesome.

This tuner pedal fantastic. The strobe tuner is accurate enough for setup of guitars off stage or at home at the guitar workbench, but the stompbox form makes it available for the pedal board, too. Bravo to Sonic Research for a great American made product.

Very reliable. It came with a battery already in it and I haven't had to change it yet after about 100 tunings. I'm not sure what the screen is made out of. So I'm not about to test it. But the case is a hard metal and its got a heavy duty switch like any EH, Dunlop, MXR, or boutique type pedals so I think it will hold up.

The strobe tuning takes some getting used to but once you've tuned you guitar 3 or 4 times, it becomes natural just like the needle tuners. I haven't used this for any alternate tunings yet, that looks kind of difficult. It's easy to switch from "chromatic" to "guitar" or "bass" mode but I just leave it in chromatic mode.