Grey Fox Wah Review

manufacturer: Sonus Pedals date: 12/23/2013 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Sonus Pedals: Grey Fox Wah
The rocking part of the pedal is very smooth and even which is another thing I look for in a wah. Again, and this is just my opinion, this is a professional wah that looks and sounds great.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.5
 1,044
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Grey Fox Wah Reviewed by: TheKingsHyway, on december 23, 2013

Price paid: € 190

Purchased from: Sonus Pedals (Online Purchase)

Ease of Use: Q: How easy is it to get a good sound out of it?: It's pretty straight forward, just plug and play like most wah's; it responds to my guitar's volume and to the tone knobs really well, at this point I can't find a negative to talk about... So that's my review of the Sonus Grey Fox Wah, I would be interested in knowing what YOU think about how it sounds and hopefully the links I listed above will help you decide whether it's the sound you have been looking for. // 10

Sound: Sound wise, to me, this sounds the same as Jimi Hendrix's wah after Roger modified it! I think the best way to describe it would be a "Liquid" type of sound. I use it with several different amp/cabs as well as with an 11 Rack; Amps used are H&K TubeMeister 36 Head, a Marshall MG100 Head, a Hartke 2000 Bass Amp Head; the Cabs (not counting the "virtual" cabs in the 11R), are Marshall Vintage Modern 4x12, a Blackstar 2x12, and two 18" Black Widow speakers, each in an individual cab. I have a couple of Strat's that I play thru it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Q: How long have you been playing? I've been playing for around 47 years or so and I enjoy just jamming or learning as well as playing in our Worship service at Church. I have owned and played it for several weeks, so I can't really comment from experience on how long it will last, but it is Hand Made and from everything I can see, feel and hear, it is rock solid and I would not hesitate to use it without a backup. The rocking part of the pedal is very smooth and even which is another thing I look for in a wah (if you have played for a while using different wah's you'll know what I mean). Again, and this is just my opinion, this is a professional wah that looks and sounds great. // 10

Overall Impression: Q: What style of music do you play? Is this a good match? I play a lot of Hendrix, Trower, as well as '50s and '60s music and I also play at church and I am very very pleased with the sounds I can get from it. I have owned and/or played a lot of wah's in the past, and for what my ears want to hear, this is it. Q: If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else? If it were lost or stolen, I think I would get mad and sick-at-my-stomach at first, but once I recovered, I would immediately buy another one! // 10

Comments