Ditto Looper review by TC Electronic

• Reviewer's score: 1.5 Junky
TC Electronic: Ditto Looper

Price paid: € 90

Purchased from: Thomann.de

This is the only area where it can get any points, it has one knob to control the FX volume and one switch to trigger loops, the pedal comes with a manual which explains how to trigger loops and play/stop/overdub/undo/redo functions. But again, in live situation the one switch control is not very practical. A person has to train themselves for about a month or so to confidently deploy looper during complete band jam. My next looper will be probably Akai Headrush, it has two switches, and it is not as complicated and loaded with insane amount of functions like DigiTech Jamman.

I play in a band where I need to add multiple layers of sound, and this pedals operation seemed to be the simplest to learn, and therefore it was my choice to go for. The pedal gives clear sound, no noise issues. However things get interesting in a negative manner when I run this pedal in FX-loop which is at line-level. I use Jet City 100 HDM amp, which has the FX-loop at Line-level. According to the specs this pedal should work in line-level, but it fails to do so. There is a huge volume drop when the loop is played in FX-loop, the volume of the loop is so low that it is not worth using at all. I have talked with the customer support regarding this and the discussion lead to no satisfactory results. So I cannot use this pedal in FX loop on my amp, which is a major draw back for me. Looks like TC Electronic did not perform proper testing on this product before releasing it out in market.

In terms of reliability and durability this pedal gets and absolute ZERO. The switch used by TC Electronic is absolutely rubbish, I am not a big time loop master I use this pedal for two songs and I jam may be twice a month, that means on an average I operate this pedal about 4 times a month. And the pedal lasted about 1 year after purchase. The switch will randomly work. I have tried to fix this multiple times by myself by opening the pedal and adding some more support to the spring of the switch, it works for may be one rehearsal. I absolutely not recommend anyone to use this pedal in live-situation, or any situation at all, just don't buy it. Absolute rubbish pedal, the loops tend to get out of sync, the one switch trigger doesn't seem to work so well.

When this pedal was released, this was the most simplest pedal available, and also the smallest looper too and I didn't had much space on my pedal board, hence I thought this pedal was a good choice, but this pedal gave up after one year of use. I have finally stopped using it at all, it's lying in some corner collecting dust. I wasn't expecting this bad quality product from a company like TC Electronic. I own their Flashback Delay and Hall of Fame Reverb they both are excellent pedals but Ditto Looper is just bad.

Ippon
    That sucks. Maybe it's a one-off defective pedal.  I've had mine forever.