Hall Of Fame Reverb review by TC Electronic

TC Electronic: Hall Of Fame Reverb

Purchased from: Craigslist.org

Over the last five years I have used two reverb pedals, the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail (big box) and the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Plus. To my ears these pedals had the best spring reverb out of any other pedal I have played. Easy to use and easy to set up to my liking. Problem 1 arose when I had the big box and it would not stop making an oppressive humming noise unless it was using a genuine EHX power supply. Needless to say, I have enough gear to haul around when I gig and carrying an extra power supply did not excite me, especially when I already have a pedal board with a power supply on it. So I got rid of that, did my research and picked up the Holy Grail Plus. That worked great for the last two years but I got a new amp which had a different tonal output and once again heard a hum that just flat out annoyed me. So I sold it and picked up this Hall Of Fame after reading great reviews online, I never played it but I have several trusted forums which I like. Since I have received it and logged several hours on it I can say this is a far superior pedal. The spring reverb on this is comparable to the EHX, which is a good thing, but the benefit is you get an additional 10 settings. This is not a one trick pony. You have a lot of options with the reverb and it really sounds authentic. I think this is a great reverb for the price, I paid $100 on the used market with all the goodies (box, cable, manual, etc) but even at around $150 for new this is still a great deal for a True Bypass pedal. Speaking of True Bypass, it doesn't have to be. You can actually set this pedal to be buffered. In my chain I have two buffered pedals which push my signal just the way I want it to the amp so I use the True Bypass setting but if you need a Buffer at the end of your line (where generally modulation pedals should go) then this opens up a great option. Overall the sound is great both as a standalone pedal and on my pedal board. It stays clean, crisp, and clear. Set it up in minutes how you want and this should last you for years.

I'm stoked! I finally have found a pedal that suits my needs and doesn't create an annoying hum. TC Electronics has been on a tear lately in terms of entering the giant marketplace of guitar accessories. This pedal has a great ability to deliver clear reverb at the turn of a dial. It is a great sounding pedal for a very reasonable price. The thing that has blown my mind with this pedal is TonePrint. You can plug this pedal into the computer and download Petrucci's reverb or so and so's cathedral setting. It is easy to do, but wait, there's more. TC Electronic recently released the TonePrint App for your iPhone or Android device. I downloaded the app on my Droid and within minutes I was reprogramming my TonePrint without plugging it in to my computer. All you have to do is this: Have your guitar plugged into the Hall of Fame, have the tone print on and turn the dial to "TonePrint". Go on the app and select the TonePrint you want to, hit the button to "beam to device", hold your phones speaker to your guitar pickup and in about 5 seconds you have programmed a new TonePrint. I think this is pretty cool and neat feature. Is this something I will use on stage in a live venue? Never. But I do think it is great that a company keeps pushing forward and continues innovating. Enjoy your tone and happy pickin'.

I cannot speak as to the durability of this very TC Electronics pedal but I have been using the Polytune for over 2 years with constant gigging and out of all my pedals, it is in the best shape. It has solid construction, thin design, and a very protective paint job. I see this lasting anyone years and years, with hard or light use, it shouldn't be any problem.

This pedal is fairly easy to use and dial in. You essentially have 3 knobs controlling your tone: decay, tone, and level of effect. The level of your guitar or input signal will come out at unity gain. Nothing added, nothing lost. Most reverbs have this same feature, something I find that makes things very easy. This pedal is exciting in a couple of ways; the main benefit of using TC Electronics is that they now offer TonePrint. You essentially have 10 settings on the pedal for reverb ranging from Spring to Lo-Fi but then you have TonePrint. Players who are endorsed by TC Electronics have started creating their own custom reverbs and you can download and program them onto your pedal. Want to use Petrucci's reverb, download it and bam, there you go. As pulled from TC Electronics site here are some of the features: - TonePrint - instant access to custom pedal tweaks made by your idols - 10 reverb types - a wide range of reverbs for a world of inspiration - Stereo in & out - added flexibility to fit any set-up - True Bypass - zero loss of tone - Analog-Dry-Through - maximum tonal integrity and clarity - Decay, Tone and Level controls - intuitive yet deep tonal options - Easy battery access - makes changing batteries fun (well, almost) - Small footprint - save precious pedal board space - High-quality components - only the best will do when it comes to tone - Road-ready design - ready to follow you wherever your playing takes you.

milwaukeerocker
    this whole line of pedals is pretty nice. the flashback delay and dark matter distortion are exceptional pedals.
    Uncle Manwich
    I LOVE this pedal! TC Electronic make some of the best, feature packed digital pedals of all time.