Hall Of Fame Reverb review by TC Electronic

TC Electronic: Hall Of Fame Reverb

Purchased from: Andertons

This pedal only has 4 knobs and a switch and is very simple to understand and use, it requires literally minutes to understand each setting. The tone print is a little bit more complicated and rather daunting to anyone who hasn't even used a delay with more than 4 parameters but again if you give it time the tone print can prove to be a really valuable addition to this pedal. The manual is fine, there is plenty of information available on the TC Electronic website. The different layers of control to this pedal are fantastic, being able to plug in and play but also having the level of control that the tone print offers, I seriously recommend this pedal to everyone looking for a reverb pedal.

The Hall Of Fame is a digital reverb from TC Electronic, it features 10 different reverbs, Room, Hall, Spring, Plate, Church, Modulated Reverb, LoFi, Tile, Ambient and Gated reverb as well as an 11th, a tone print (allows you to build a reverb from the ground up in in software, controlling a huge range of otherwise unavailable parameters and load it into the pedal. I don't hesitate to say that all of these are outstanding, I especially love the Church and Modulated Reverbs, they're really suited my Noise Rock stuff but this pedal will work with all genres, its capable of delivering twangy spring and plate, subtle room reverb or crazy wide church sounds with a huge amount of decay. I don't think there is a better sounding reverb pedal for anywhere near this this price on the market today, TC Electronics have outdone themselves. There is the option to switch between buffered output and true bypass, The buffered mode allows your reverb trail to finish when switched off rather than simply killing all the wet, this does not happen in true bypass.

The TC pedals are build like tanks and this is no exception. The finish is durable (and red!) and the metal case is really sturdy. I'm really pleased that to access the back there is only one large 'coin screw' rather than the traditional 4x Philips screws, this allows access to Battery power and the buffer/true bypass DIP switches. The knobs are smooth and reasonably easy to move with your foot while playing. The foot switch is durable, although a tiny bit harder to press than most normal foot switches but you get used to this quickly and fortunately reverb isn't an effect you'll be turning on and off throughout a song.

I play lo-fi, noise rock and I love using this pedal to flesh out textures and to add some character to my clean sound, I mostly use the church and modulated reverb. It works fantastically after a delay pedal or in fact at the end of any pedal chain. I'd definitely buy another were it to be stolen, it would be awesome if TC released a "Hall of Fame X4." I love the simplicity of this pedal, each setting sounds amazing and they seamlessly integrate into any song. I compared it to the Boss Reverb and I much prefered the TC because of its sound and its simplicity compared to the Boss pedal.