ND-1 Nova Delay review by TC Electronic

TC Electronic: ND-1  Nova Delay

Purchased from: Craigslist

I play a Gibson Firebird Studio into a Carvin V3 halfstack. When I turn the pedal on there is no added noise what'soever. You can tweak the delay to do whatever you want. The possibilities are endless. This pedal can get very cool Pink Floyd sounding delays. Works great with distortion for solos where you just want an extra umph. The mod (modulation) types on the pedal add some more nice flavor (phaser, chorus, and flanger sounding) which can make some very cool sounds.

I play classic rock mostly, blues, and some metal. This pedal is everything I thought it would be and more. If I lost it somehow I wouldn't think twice about getting another. Only gripe is I would want a way to change through presets with a footswitch without having to bend over to change them. Also, the presets should be more customized without having a master tempo for 4 or 5 of them. Other than those two things, the pedal is perfect!

Seems very solid and reliable. Haven't had any problems with it so far and I am the second owner.

Pretty easy to use. Need to read the manual to learn about the presets and how the types of delay work (I had to look online since I didn't get a manual from the guy). I like how the delay time knob works. Tap tempo is great. Once you learn the basics about this pedal, it is very easy to use but it takes time.

bekk7268
    First off, I have the iB modified version: the sound quality is amazingly clear (iB modded is meant to be brighter than stock), versatile via the pre-set and tap tempo functions. To get the full treatment with this delay it will take reading through the manual and taking notes but still intuitive enough to get working with it right away. The only complaint is that there is no midi for a delay at this price point. Otherwise, it is a very functional unit featuring delay sub-divisions ms or bpm selection and no click switches.