Trinity Reverb review by TC Electronic

TC Electronic: Trinity Reverb

Purchased from: Proguitarshop.com

Ok I use a Gibson LP/Jackson DKM2 (wuhahaha I fixed the bloody bridge and its staying in tune for once and hopefully it stays fixed knock on wood) into a Danelectro OV1 T1 > Boss OC3 > Pro Co Turbo Rat > Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe > BBE 2 Timer > Trinity > BBE Sonic Stomp > ISP Decimator > Ampeg V50H into a 212 loaded with Celestion Seventy Eightys. I've noticed a few things with this pedal, the e1 has a bit of a flange sound coming off your palm so if you don't want the flanger turn the tone knob all the way down. You can get massive volume swells depending how high the decay is and how fast you pick. On the e1 and e2 the longer decays tend to get a little muddied, and if you have a decent vibe pedal you can use that with e1 instead of e2 and be able to switch back and forth between the two. I mainly use this to change the tone of my reverb so I have my spring reverb do the heavier lifting for what I like to do it works pretty well. The e2 is very limited in its range of what it can do and isn't really worth playing with the knobs to use for me you can get some cool helicopter sounds out of it but that's about it. Metal/stoner rock/ambient stuff you know anything that sounds better on drugs. Oh btw this thing is infinatly better in stereo I used it with two crappy practice amps.

I've been playing for over eight years, is it my ultimate prized pedal on my board probably not, Would I buy a new one yes assuming I can afford and find a replacement would I just grab a Hall Of Fame if I had to maybe. I really wish I got to play on this pedal instead of buying blind. Hearing how it responds to high gain would have been useful I will say this the pgs videos were helpful but didn't give me a good feel for the quirks of this pedal. I really wish the pedal remembered the knobs from the last time you used that preset some how, that's been a deterrent from using the other modes.

It looks strudy and I haven't had a glitch so yeah I'd gig with it without a back up assuming I wanted to take a very annoying pedal to replace.

For the purposes of this review I'm only reviewing the two pgs exclusive patches, since that is the only difference between that and the traditional Hall Of Fame Reverb. It has two unique presets the etherial1 and 2. Like the traditional Hall Of Fame you can download patches via the supplied usb or you can download an app for your smartphone (android/iPhone) the TC Electronics ones are my favorite though, the rest or meh or usess. There wasn't a manual which I found odd, I have yet to buy a new pedal with out a manual to get you started with the settings. I have found these presets a little bit annoying because if I want to go from nice ambient settings to pipe organ of death to saw your face off metal I have to tweek it. I'm a set and forget guy so bending down to change my settings annoys me.

Bjjorn
    Is this a good alternative for a strymon bluesky? I'm playing ambient/drone and the springreverb in my amp doesn't do the trick.
    mattkrush
    This is a very good reverb...I waffled between this and the HOF but chose this because I like black pedals. I typically only used a little reverb on rhythm playing, but found a setting that became a favorite for leads. I was traditionally a rack guy, after 20 years I decided to go to pedals...
    ctagile
    Spot on review! I actually won this pedal from Pro Guitar Shop. For free its really nice, Retail? I would just get the Hall of Fame. It's a solid quality pedal. For just playing around its very nice pedal. I think 8 out of 10 is accurate overall.I use this with a Agile 3010 (Les Paul copy) with Lovepeda OD11 and Boss DS-1 through a pretty clean amp. You wont be disappointed if you can find a deal on it.