SansAmp GT2 review by Tech 21

Tech 21: SansAmp GT2

Purchased from: Received from father.

I use the SansAmp GT2 along with my Line 6 Spider II amp, and I must say that the SansAmp GT2 gives a better metal sound than the amp. I leave the amp on a clean tone and hit the pedal Switch to get my distortion, and fiddling with the volume on the amp is no problem since you can set the pedal output level prior to playing. Along with the High, Low, and Drive settings, the GT2 is able to imitate other amps, such as a Fender of Marshall, with the flick of a switch. Add the gain presets and the mic location switch and there are unlimited unique tones that can be produced from this pedal.

I have only played guitar for two years, but being able to use this pedal has made me sound years beyond my abilities, and being able to sound like the artists I admire has inspired me to work harder. The best part is that I now can Switch from clean to metal with the flick of a toe, reducing the time I spend fiddling around with my amp. I recommend this pedal for anyone in search of the perfect metal sound.

The model for the GT2 is sweet and simple, with nothing to worry about for performers. Encased in metal, I have No Doubt that the GT2 would withstand many stomps/drops/kicks. After all, mine is over 10 years old passed down from my father, and it still outplays any other preamp pedal that I've tried.

The SansAmp GT2 was the first pedal I ever used, and for a newbie such as myself it was highly accessible. The manual goes over every effect it offers, and it even explains where you would put the pedal in relation to other pedals. The most helpful part is that the last few pages of the manual tell you the settings to imitate popular artists and styles, such as "Metallica" or "Classic Rock." It even has blank pictures of the pedal for you to write in your own presets.

STEALmyDOG
    i got one yesterday, got some good sounds after a bit of fiddling. however i'm a bit of an EQ freak...so i simply but my 7 band EQ pedal after i to boost mids and lower the very high frequencies
    valve
    i just bought one of this babies.. i just replace my GT-8 with it.. hahaha. nah kidding, but anyway, the distortion was very awesome.. it's pricey though
    Niki (guitar)
    The bass player in my band has one of these.... It's absolutely amazing. Great sound, I don't know if I'd pay for one myself, though. But then again I'm kind of a penny pincher Still a very nice pedal, I'd recommend it to anyone who has the money to buy it.
    guy_tebache
    I've read that Matt Bellamy from Muse uses one of these on his vocal signal as a tube overdrive. Apparently he uses it live and in the studio. You can hear it on songs like Hysteria. His signal path goes Neumann Stage Condenser/Various Studio Mics> Tech 21 GT2> Avalon Stereo Preamp> mixing desk