British Distortion BD-1 Review

manufacturer: Tonerider date: 02/08/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Tonerider: British Distortion BD-1
Simple to use with only three controls to worry about, distortion volume and treble. I found this very easy to use with minimal effort. Easy to dial in etc. This stompbox seems to handle everything I can throw at it.
 Ease of Use: 8
 7.4
 8.8
review (1) pictures (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
British Distortion BD-1 Reviewed by: rolls1392, on february 08, 2012

Purchased from: Dangleberry Music

Ease of Use: Simple to use with only three controls to worry about, distortion volume and treble. Oh yes there's a great blue light when its switched on. There is a leaflet that comes with it but this is only a rough guide, although useful. I found this very easy to use with minimal effort. Easy to dial in etc. // 8

Sound: I play this stompbox through my modded Epiphone Valve Junior with my Strat and PRS Custom 24. It is a very quiet unit with a great spread of distortion from mild to almost metal tones. Bought it for a Slash type tone which it seems to do very well, almost does a good SRV type tone. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This kit is built like a tank and I would happily gig with. Should last years of heavy footed abuse! This fx box has a very sturdy chassis with a lovely rubber pad oon the bottom. This will not go sliding around on its own. Switches, knobs and led should all last for yonks. // 9

Overall Impression: Usually play a mix of blues and classic rock with a poor attempt at metal thrown in. This stompbox seems to handle everything I can throw at it. Great bit of kit! Would definately buy another if stolen! I've been playing for about 14yrs and this is one of the best bits of kit I've bought. // 9

Comments