GarageTone Axle Grease Delay review by Visual Sound

Visual Sound: GarageTone Axle Grease Delay

Price paid: C$ 70

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I play a Les Paul Studio through a Vox VT-40+. This pedal is a great deal for the price. It's extremely quiet for the most part. The only problem (in my opinion) with this pedal is that it will begin to make those alien-like sounds you get some pedals when you put the time and repeats all the way up. This is strictly based on opinion, however. The effect in itself is great! It gives that basic delay with a little bit of reverb in the background. This fits my needs, but if you need a pedal with longer delay (longer than about 2-3 seconds) intervals, this pedal probably won't please you.

I play a lot of rock. Whether that be classic rock or modern, this pedal generally does what I want it to do. If this pedal were stolen, I'd probably go buy another one. It's not too expensive and it does all I need it to do. I really like the way the delay sounds with the reverb in this pedal. There's not too much I don't like about this pedal, but I do wish it number markings around the knobs. I compared it with other low-mid end pedals such as the Boss DD-3. I ended up choosing this one because it fit my needs at the cheapest price. Though it is a lot to expect from a low budget pedal, I would have loved it if it had a "tap" feature.

It looks like this pedal is very reliable. So far, I've only used it once on stage, but it seems like it could take a beating. It's just a simple metal box with knobs and a foot switch. I, personally, tend to be pretty gentle with my pedals, so I probably wouldn't know how it would work with an aggressive stomp-er. For the price I paid, it's quite reliable. I don't use a backup, but I would suggest one just in case the area you're gigging at doesn't have an available outlet. This pedal doesn't use a battery at all.

This pedal is actually very easy to use. It has 3 knobs: Time, Repeats, and Level. It's all pretty self-explanatory. Time is how much time delayed between each note, repeats is how many times the delay is repeated, and level is how much depth the delay has. The only complaint I would have is that since there are no ways of marking where the knobs are set (numbers and such), it can be difficult to remember where you last set the knobs for a particular song or solo. Other than that, it's a pretty basic pedal that's quite easy to understand.

oogah33
    It's actually both. Visual Sound took parts of digital and analog delay and put them together in this pedal.