Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive review by Visual Sound

Visual Sound: Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Purchased from: Can

I play a Gibson Les Paul double cutaway with a Marshall TSL and matching cab. I always swore by the sound from my amp and never for a second thought a distortion or Overdrive pedal could ever replace my crunch and lead channels, but now that I have the Jeckyl & Hyde I use only the clean channel on my amp with the gain set to around 5. Sounds like a waste doesn't it? Well if you heard what the Jeckyl & Hyde can do, then chances are you'd agree.

I love this pedal cause it fits in the pocket of my guitar case perfectly. Even if I have to go jam at a jam night somewhere without my own amp, I have no worries because I can bring my pedal with me. I couldn't imagine playing without it.

The battery does die quickly, but now I have the Pedal Power II power supply to power my Jeckyl & Hyde and my two Line 6 pedals. The little rubber stoppers underneath the pedal didn't hold too long, but I eventually removed them all to apply velcro cause I made my own pedalboard. Aside from that the pedal is cool looking and pretty solid.

What initially attracted me to this pedal was the fact that it was basically two pedals in one and that you can choose them independently or together. True you could probably get a wide array of sounds, but I've never really tried to. I either use the Overdrive (Jeckyl) or both the Overdrive and distortion (Hyde) together (Jeckyl & Hyde).