Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive review by Visual Sound

Visual Sound: Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

I use a Line 6 Spider III 150 and a Paul Reed Smith SE Custom semi-hollow as well as a Gibson SG Special Faded. The pedal makes virtually no noise unless you turn the treble, distortion, and mid all the way up. If you do this, you will sometimes get a high-pitched ring. This pedal can give you any kind of overdrive/distortion sound you can think of.

I'll play any music you put in front of me, but my favorite styles are blues and rock. I've been playing for about five years and have played many amps, guitars, and effects. This pedal can make almost any guitar sound good. If I ever lost it, I would deffinately get another one. The sound, duribility, and ease of use are all fantastic. Visual Sound is now one of my favorite brands. They give you everything you could want in a pedal at a very reasonable price. It is easy to tell the quality and effort put into these amazing pedals. I wish I could rate higher than 10!

I have not had this particular pedal for very long, but so far its been very reliable and holds up great. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about having a backup. Once again, this is an awesome pedal and it deffinately surpasses every single one of my standards. I've never seen anything that's better than this.

The Visual Sound V2 Jeckyll & Hyde is extremely easy to use and very versatile. It took me no time at all to get a good sound out of it. The manual is very helpful as well, and comes with some great pre-sets to test it out on. It's deffinately my favorite pedal.

ConnorDelaney
    i play a range of stuff from arctic monkeys to RHCP to Jimi hendrix. i can get one of these for around 60. is it worth it
    guitargod1965
    this is a very decent pedal. The distortion option has the blunt and sharp option so you can dial in some really nice super high gain thrashy type distortion. The price is not insane so it is a pretty safe bet for those wanting a versatile pedal without breaking the bank.
    sberube1979
    dan_g_ wrote: Is there a big sound difference between the origional silver and the red?
    I owned the V2 of this, not the current one, there was a grey one before this. I love the Route 808, but the sound was not the same to me. I had the current 808 and I think they tweaked the latest J&H to get a better sound, but I wasn't impressed. The OD was muffled and flat and the DIS sounded trebbley and hollow. V3 might be better but I did not care for this model.
    fenderme
    I have the same model as the one picture above. Does anyone know if this has the bass trim and noise gate adjustment inside. Not obvious when I open the base. I guess probably not even though this has the base boost and sharp/blunt switches not on the V1 silver model