Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive review by Visual Sound

Visual Sound: Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Purchased from: Friend

This pedal is incredibly easy to use. The setting are basic but just what you need with a drive, tone, volume, and then a EQ for the distortion side. I have a 5150III 50 watt tube amp that has an insane amount of gain, but I will still step on the Jekyll and Hyde when I need that extra little boost for my leads or different sounding tone when I'm on clean channel and this pedal is activated. I don't use a battery for mine but just your basic 9VDC power supply will power this bad boy right up. The bass boost and sharp/blunt buttons are great, they add some nice sounds. The EQ on the distortion side can go from low punchy death metal sounding to awesome insane '80s crunch.

This is a great pedal for just about any type of music. It is very versatile going from a almost tube screamer kind of sound to full on metal crunch. The green and red channels have two very different sounds depending on what your going for this pedal will defiantly have something for you. Sometimes I even play with both channels on! The bass boost is great if your trying to ass the bottom end which works nice for some. When I play my strat through this I always have the bass boost on and it sounds pretty good. The sharp and blunt switch is also a nice feature for your tone.

This thing is built like a tank. Mine has seen better days but still sounds amazing. It can defiantly take a stomping and I would trust this pedal for playing a gg for sure. It also looks very cool with the red finish. My friend had it sitting in his garage forever, kind of stopped playing and sold it to me for 15/20$ I don remember exactly but I think I scored for sure haha. Mine has a few chips on it but nothing a little paint couldn't fix. If you are playing in a dark place or show this thing is pretty visible. The lights are very bright.

Everything about this pedal is amazing if your going for a good sounding OD/Distortion pedal. I have many different amps and this pedal seems to just add that little extra on each of them. A long time ago I actually had the mg series Marshall half-stack and I didn't really like the tone ( I was like 15 when I got it I was just stoked to have a half stack haha) so I would have the amp on clean and strictly use this pedal for my distortion tone. I would take this pedal over many. My Fulltone OCD pedal does sound better though (haha sorry).  I would suggest adding in your chain and giving it a try! Check this video out to hear and see this thing in action!