Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive V2 review by Visual Sound

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Visual Sound: Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive V2

Purchased from: Music Center

Not my sound at all. It has a lot of low end, and an over-all bluesy tone. Using the pedal with a marshal Mg250DFX on clean and a B. C. Rich Assassin. There are a variety of sounds you can achieve; however, they all retain the same blues/rock tone, not something I like.

I mostly play metal and in my opinion, this doesn't provide the mid-hi end sound I like. I would happily trade this pedal in for any DigiTech Distortion pedal. Looking back, I regret this purchase and unfortunately will probably never use this pedal. I wouldn't recommend this pedal to anyone.

Problems with reliability and durability that I had were soon apparent after trying to unscrew/screw the back piece off and on. 2 of the 4 screws wouldn't screw in, and one wouldn't screw out. Other than that the actual pedal seems pretty solid and stable.

Mostly this pedal was easy to use. Unscrewing the back plate can be aggravating to adjust the bass, noise gate, etc. Really the manual wouldn't be needed if the was no adjustments you could make on the circuit board. Its very straightforward and something that doesn't require too much effort to dial in on the different sounds available.

Gtab66
    Can someone tell me what the diffrence between overdrive and distortion is?