Route 66 V2 review by Visual Sound

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Visual Sound: Route 66 V2

Price paid: € 165

This pedal is really noisy. But I mean really noisy. Ecspaccialy the compression part. Never had any pedal wich is this noisy. There's just too much hiss I unfortunatly just can't cope with. That's to bad because I really like the idea of this pedal. The Overdrive channel is quite good and doesn't hiss that much. But you do not buy this only for the Overdrive channel of course.

I play mainly blues rock and folk music. I, ve been playing for 15 years and I've had a lot of pedals and the majority I sold. I play a telecaster through a Vox AC15. It sounds strange but I love my Boss ME-5. I've this one since I've started playing. If anyone wanted to steal thi pedal from me they had to be really quick because I returned the Route 66 after just two daysof playing and I bought the double trouble from Visual Sound because I did like the TS808 part of this pedal. Love this pedal btw, it also has a noise reduction option wich I, luckily do not have to use with this pedal. For the compression I bought a DigiTech main squeeze because I ran out of money, but this one is alright.

It's build like a tank. But I wouldn't gig with this because of the noise it makes. My compression should always be on and there's just to much hiss.

Its pretty easy to use. You have 2 channels one fot compression and one for Overdrive wich is a TS808 clon with additional bass switch. It all speaks for itselff, you have tone control, drive, and compression and ofcource levelcontrol on both channels. But it is hard to mix in a good usable sound.