VLP8 Programmable Loop Controller review by Vitoos

Vitoos: VLP8 Programmable Loop Controller

Purchased from: Used

When I received the pedal it was used and didn't come with a manual, but it only took around 5 minutes of playing with it to figure out the process of programming banks. The operation is amazingly simple making it easy to make new banks in a flash or edit banks while at the venue. I've actually been editing all my banks recently with my feet because it's that easily done. The online manual is barely a manual really but the short concise instructions are all you really need to work the pedal if you couldn't figure it out on your own.

The VLP8 Programmable Loop Controller is extremely quiet (as it should be). The pedal is true bypass and gives no noise from the pedal itself. Even the foot switches are silent when activated unlike others that I've had that give a pop when switched on or off.

I'm currently running all 8 inputs on the pedal with:

• BBE Tremor
  • MXR Blue Box
  • Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde V2 / MXR Dyna Comp
  • MXR 10 Band Eq
  • Hardwire Phaser
  • Visual Sounds H2O Echo Chorus (run as two pedals)
  • Visual Sounds Tap Delay
And my tone is still crystal clear and my effects sound beautiful just like they would if they were straight in to the amp.

The pedal is very well built with a heavy duty casing and beautiful foot switches. I've had this pedal for about a year now and toured with it heavily and never had an issue. The pedal is extremely reliable and seems to be able to withstand heavy use and still be ready for more. Even the coating and paint is durable, getting it used with no scratches and then having it for a year of heavy gigging and it still looks like it's straight out of the box. I could not be happier with the quality of this pedal!

I play guitar and sing in a hard rock/metal band and it makes song switches 100 times easier. Our music uses quite a bit of effects and has multiple changes and switches within it. With its programmable banks I can set one up for every song in our set and have my big effect switches a click away. This eliminates any and all form of "tap dancing" and lets me focus more on the playing of the music. I've had a few other patch pedals and this by far is the best one I've come across. If I'd lost the pedal or had it stolen I'd scour the earth to find another. The only thing I would change about the pedal is for it to have more programmable banks. It comes with 8 banks which works great but playing sets of 12-16 songs it means that some songs have to share a bank. Even that is a very small issue to have with this pedal.