Micro Vibe review by Voodoo Lab

• Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
Voodoo Lab: Micro Vibe

Purchased from: sam ash

My current set up is a Gibson LP to a Boss OC3 > Dano Transparent OD V > Pro Co Turbo Rat > Micro Vibe > BBE Two Timer > BBE Sonic Stomp > ISP Decimator > Ampeg 50H > Randall 2x12 with Celetions. It sounds amazing in my opinion. I noticed while it is turned on there is a slight volume boost and mild scooping of your mids, so if you don't want to scoop your mids add a splash more from your amp and its not that big of a deal. From the manual you can get a pretty good Hendrix tone and I have gotten some cool tones for Pink Floyd. Strangely enough I use this pedal to play metal so that slight scoop and volume boost actually becomes an asset instead of a liability. I usually set it at 9 o'clock and max. (Intensity and speed respectively) When you turn up the intensity it starts having a phazer like sound, and the speed control acts like a rate knob for a tremolo but instead of cutting the volume out completely it acts more like a rotary. Lastly I will say that it does not like having both the intensity and speed knobs turned up all the way with heavy distortion it tends to turn into a whirling mess.

The only thing I wish it had was a tap tempo switch or a second speed knob or switch. The original knobs are big enough to control with your feet anyway. I have a us size thirteen foot and it wasn't that bad for me so. Lost or stolen I would buy a new one with out thinking about it. Lastly I've been playing for 8 years. So if you want a sanely priced vibe or a new way to slaughter your audience this maybe the pedal for you.

Yes, it survived 6 years of abuse and has no signs of slowing down. Meaning 1000s of hours of use and on and off cycles of me stomping on it, the only thing that broke was a screw that held a knob on.

It has two knobs, speed and intensity it is not that hard I remember the manual had 2-3 setting in it to help you get an idea of what tones you can get from it. The manual was pretty standard fare of don't do this don't do that, like don't adjust the internal trimpots etc, etc. Because if they would be a royal pain to reset to factory setting especially if you don't have access to a fresh Micro Vibe.

egbertkappert
    They weren't able to fix my micro vibe, costed me half a pedal in shipping costs! After a lot of mailing, suddenly communication stopped, bad bad.. No voodoo pedal for me and I won't recommend it to anyone..