Overdrive review by Voodoo Lab

I tested it using an Ernie Ball Silhouette and a Godin strat into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I came to the conclusion that there is basically one setting that worked for me: Gain all the way up, and volume at about 25%. It sounds awesome this way, but I couldn't find anything else that useful out of it. There is something that kicks in at the highest gain settings that adds a little top end and sweetens up the tone a lot.

I've been playing for 15 years, and I've heard a lot of crappy Overdrive pedals. This pedal only does one thing, but it does it very well: a very vintage Overdrive tone. If I had to describe it in one word, it would be: thick. With the settings as I described them, it produces a beuatifully thick and smooth Overdrive. It can really make an already overdriven amp sing. A TS-9 is much more of a tight, crisp chunk. A Rocktron Austin Gold is more transparent and subtle. I bought it becuase the one thing it does is just what I needed. If you need something versatile, keep on shopping.

Haven't had it long, but the innards look well put together.

Volume and Gain Controls are pretty straight forward. No "on" light, though. That is a major blunder in my opinion. I mean c'mon! First of all it's nice to know at a glance if the thing is on, and secondly (and let's be honest) who hasn't turned off the room lights and savored every red, green and yellow light on every piece of gear they own!! For $90 I'd like to get at least one light to add to my collection!