Pedal Power 2 Plus review by Voodoo Lab

Voodoo Lab: Pedal Power 2 Plus

Purchased from: Triple R Guitar: Local Shop

Currently I have all Schecter electric guitars that I run through an Engl Powerball 2. The Pedal Power 2 Plus then provides clean power to my pedalboard which consists of a Strymon Timeline, a Boss CE-5, Boss RV-5, Boss TR-2, Boss GE-7, and a Crybaby Slash Wah pedal. I used to power some of these pedals with the Visual Sound one spot, which was noisy (I assumed this to be just the noise of the pedals). I got this unit when I added the Strymon to my setup, as it requires quite a load of current (400mAmps) and the unit is maxed it. It took out the noise and provided me with a much clearer sound, which I did not expect a simple change in power supply to do.

It doesn't matter what style of music you play or how long you have been playing. If you want your sound to remain free of ground hum and have your pedals powered with enough current you should look into the Voodoo Lab's Pedal Power 2 Plus. If this thing were ever stolen I would have to buy another in a heartbeat. This is the backbone of my pedalboard. I may even need a 2nd one soon just to power more pedals! I love that is keeps the hum out of my sound and it actually has the ability to power boutique pedals that require a lot of juice (with an adapter cable). I compared this to the powerbrick and a few other all in one units and found this to be the option for me. It had a lot of power ports and came with brackets to mount onto my board.

I have used this for a very long time with my pedalboard. It is mounted directly to my PT-pro board and it has always worked to the best of its ability. It hasn't had any internal problems such as broken ports for the power cables and continues to provide the isolation that my pedals need. There would be no reason for me to bring another one of these to a show, as this thing is built like a tank. It has a completely metal chasis that ensures the maximum amount of protection for the circuitry it contains inside.

The Pedal Power 2 Plus is a great solution for powering your pedalboard. I have this mounted onto my board and is powering the entire board, which consists of a Strymon Timeline, 4 Boss pedals, and a Crybaby wah. The improvement that this unit has made to my sound has been incredible. It provides clean, isolated power to each pedal which prevents ground hum and decreased the noise level of my rig drastically. This means that when you are performing live you won't have near the noise to deal with as you would with a unit like the One Spot power adapter. This also provides an extra spot to plug a power cable in, which is nice for plugging in a music stand light if you are ever in that situation or a rechargeable battery charger.

ilikekfc
    I use two of these units, absolutely great, worth spending the money, especially if you have a pedaltrain board.