Big Bad Wah review by Vox

Vox: Big Bad Wah

Purchased from: Music Club

As a hardcore Fan of Mr. Satriani, I use an old JS 600, a Vox Satchurator, a DigiTech Whammy, all plugged in a Fender Deluxe Reverb. The Wah itself sounds great through the distortion, I think every guitar player loves a Wha Wha Pedal sounding complete with the distortion on without losing the clear sound of a Wah. It's very silent except when battery is low, it really gets noisy when it happens, I got no problem with it since I use a 9V adapter. All you must do to adjust is change from Wah 1 to Wah 2 to have different Wah's for different styles.

The Big Bad Wah was made with Satriani himself watching the whole process, and every one knows Mr. Joe Satriani can play it all... so this Wah. I play Funk, Rock, Hard Rock, even Pop Rock, I just need my two configs to sound exactly how I want. This pedal has been with me three weeks with me. No problems, ignore the rumors the potentiometers screws fast or it becomes noisy, none of them are real except for the ones with bad luck. I think if it was stolen I would really cry for the loss, then I would seek revenge, and then I would buy another Big Bad Wah. I love the crystal clear sound of it, I love even the paint (it shines with the lights), the led colors. I checked the Dunlop Crybaby, The Morley Bad Horsie, and the Ernie Ball Wah. They are all great products, but I didn't liked the "Wah" phrase of any of them nor the design. Really this is really an investment you will not be desapointed of. This is pure Vox-Satriani quality.

One of the things I check in the pedals is the Material. The Big Bad Wah is metal made, so it is hard, really hard. The Knob is out of danger of damaging, the buttons are all metal. Even the Leds are well protected, so your foot doesn't break them. I use it without a backup without any fear, the only thing you must worry is the battery or an addapter.

It passed at least three weeks before I understood the whole functions of this monster (really it was my fault because I didn't read the manual). The Manual is way really complete, but you must read it before using the Big Bad Wah. It isn't that hard to use once you read all you have to read, two kinds of wah, two inductors, a gain knob, and two voices to sellect. Wah 1: Is the classic Vox Wah without any kind of voicing. Wah 2: Is The real stuff, is where you can fully customize your sound, the amount of gain, the kind of voice.

SwampAshSpecial
    craigfarner wrote: I think that the Crybaby 535Q is definitely much better than any VOX
    I think you need your head examined my review of this incoming