Brit Boost review by Vox

Vox: Brit Boost

At the moment I am only using 2 different guitars with this a Gibson Tony Iommi SG and an Epiphone Custom SG. The amp is a Laney GH50L. It is noisy when you turn the volume or the tone right up on the pedal but I usually have it set about halfway. I can get the sound that I want by tuning down to a C# and this treble booster helps a lot. I also use a chorus and slapback delay effect all the time with this and for some songs a longer delay a Zaak Wylde Wah.

I play mostly Black Sabbath music and am currently in the process of writing my own music so this helps alot in getting the sound that I want. I have been playing for 6 years. I own many other pedals and one other treble booster a Denio but this one beats the lot. If it were lost or stolen I would go and buy this again. I didn't compare this with any other treble boosters because this is the only one I could find at the time.

This thing is built of solid aluminium so it is very strong. I would use it at a gig without a backup.

Give your tone extra muscle with the Brit Boost pedal. The Treble Boost setting pumps up the treble and upper middle frequencies, just like you'd expect from a vintage Treble Booster pedal. In the Full Range Boost position the pedal enhances all frequencies. It adds low mids and bottom end to the Treble Boost mode and is good for pushing a slightly overdriven amp into heavy overdrive. A gain knob varies the overall gain of the pedal from mellow and warm to grinding and ripping! Plus, a tone knob adjusts the overall tonality of the pedal. Of course, there's a true bypass switch that lets your signal flow through without coloring the tone. This thing is so simple to use. It came with a manuel but you don't really need it. 3 knobs volume, tone & gain. 2 footswitches 1 Effect on/off & 1 full range/treble boost on/off.

[Creative Name]
    Which is odd because sodium, magnesium, potassium, rubidium, strontium, zirconium, titanium, calcium, niobium, technetium, ect. are all spelled that way but aluminum and molybdenum are spelled differently
    fleh
    theguitarist m wrote: Why is there a debate on the word aluminium? Keep on topic. Checked.
    at least he spelt it right
    ChrisMan101
    I have one well should say i won it but i cant get a good sound from it any sugestions its kinda noisey. And does anyone know what are the pedals you should hook in the send and return box in the back of a amp i know a Verb pedal is good anything eles like EQ maybe.
    Weybl Himself
    You'll find America is the only country that spells it aluminum, maybe Canada, but the rest of the world spells it the right way.
    vantage4
    Chimaira wrote: Aluminum is the ignorant american spelling of it, it's really aluminium.
    hehe it does make more sense for it to be aluminium...since that way it matches words like magnesium and whatever else on the periodic table ends with -ium. but of course only a snobbish brit would point that out
    Chimaira
    Aluminum is the ignorant american spelling of it, it's really aluminium.
    bobdylan
    wow solid aluminium i suppose you woudnt want it to be a liquid now would you?
    MaggaraMarine
    tom_martin_123 wrote: Punks-Not-Dead1 wrote: actually, its aluminum no its not... its aluminium
    OMG!! This is not some writing lesson!!!!! This is a pedal review so can't you comment the pedal instead of telling us how you should write the word "aluminium"!!!!