Classic Wah Wah V845 review by Vox

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Vox: Classic Wah Wah V845

I'm playing a Gibson les paul double cut with a 500t ceramic bridge pickup trough an Orange Rocker 30 head with an Orange ppc 212 cab. The Wah does an excellent job of bringing out the high's and lows but it adds this horrid hiss to the tone of my amp which really wrecks it for me. I'm a tone-o-holic and it makes it sound like I'm listening myself play through a vinyl record and gramophone. If that's what you're looking for then go for it.

I received this as a present from my fiance, she was correct in that I needed a Wah pedal. I play experimental math rock/jazz so a Wah comes in handy to help get new cool sounds out of other effects. But this Wah pedal has caused me a bit of problems, so much so that I need to take it back and have yet to fully incorporate it into my pedalboard. I have a bunch of other pedals on my board I don't feel like listing them all. If it were lost or stolen I would be upset but over all I would probably go with a Fulltone Wah pedal for my next wah.

This is solid as a rock, I could run this thing over with my car and it would probably still work. No need for a backup, make sure you're using a fresh 9v battery though.

The rubber feet that stop the pedal from going to far forward have some sort of problem to where I can not push the Switch to turn the unit on/off, at first I didn't even know it had an on/off Switch being that it was always on. The only reason I give it a 5 is the fact other than mine will not turn on/off without me sticking my finger under the pedal's foot control to push the switch, it is very easy to use. The rocking feature of the pedal is smooth and stays where it should when you take your foot off. Super simple design is a major plus.