Classic Wah Wah V845 review by Vox

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Vox: Classic Wah Wah V845

My setup consists of a Roland Cube 80X and an old Roland Cube 60X, I use a Bespeco guitar cable, my main guitar is a self-build "hurricane"(great sound, not too much feedback) with humbuckers. My effects, I use a Boss volume pedal which goes into an Electro-Harmonix germanium muff, wich goes into my Vox ToneLab ST (great multi fx) then goes to a Marshall echohead, into my Vox Wah Wah pedal into a electro harmonix muff overdrive. The Wah pedal sounds very different when placed after a distortion pedal, when you place it after, you'll get the most out of it, it has a high range, and combined with the Tonelab it sounds great, you can also make the "seagull" effect from Pink Floyd's "Echoes" by reversing the cables, so that the amp goes into the input, and the guitar goes into the output, pedal needs to pressed down, then you can manipulate the sound using your tone knob. I play a lot of Pink Floyd, Guns N' Roses, Green Day, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Motorhead, the sound is great, try to experiment with distortions and delays combined, you'll get some great sounds.

I mostly play rock, hard rock, prog rock, thrash metal, alternative, a bit of jazz, great thing is, a Wah pedal can be used in every genre of music, mostly, I've been playing for 3 years now, I also started playing bass, and also a bit of drums, my other gear consists of: Boss 500 volume pedal, Germanium Big Muff (Electro-Harmonix) Vox ToneLab ST, Marshall Echohead, Electro-Harmonix Muff Overdrive. Vox Wah Wah pedal, Boss FS 5U footswitch and Roland Cube 80x, it was great that I had the chance to test it in the store, always try other pedals too, that way you can compare the sounds. If it were stolen, lost or broken I'd buy it again, that's for certain. The things I love about it: the colour, shape, reverse sounds "seagull sounds" it hasn't got much features, so the basic feature I like is the on/off switch, and the pedal itself.

It's a strong unit, like the Tonelab, I always use it, and I can always depend on it. The pedal itself is 25 cm long (estimated) you'll need to press hard on it to get the thing on and off, I don't think it'll break fast, it's great to have a Wah pedal like this, nice price, black colour, when you want to use it with a battery, it's also easy, just remove the four black feet at the bottom. I'll use it anytime for a gig, I could use it on a gig without something else, but mostly I'll use my whole pedalboard, if it'd be broke on a gig, I'd still would have a backup, there's a built-in Wah pedal in the Vox Tonelab, I'd rather use the classic one, better sound quality.

I purchased this unit last week, easy to use, about the manual: easy to read and understand. Only thing wich might be a bit difficult is pressing it on and off, I placed it on my pedaltrain pedalboard, after a while it'll get easy to press on it. It has one output and one input, no other knobs, I think it's an affordable price for a Wah pedal, I use a 9 volt adaptor (one spot visual adaptor, I also use it for my other pedals) if you only use the pedal without anything else (distortion, EQ, chorus, phaser) you'll get a nice sound, if you use it with other effects you need to think where you're going to place it, don't be afraid to experiment.

JacLop099
    mine makes a hissing sound when its on the treble end. its also very hard to push on/off.