Satchurator review by Vox

Vox: Satchurator

Purchased from: eBay

I'm running this pedal from my Schecter Omen 6 (which I replaced with a DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck and a DiMarzio Evo 2 in the bridge) into a stock Fender Super Champ XD (tube amp). This thing sounds fantastic. The tone is pure as can be, and the distortion is pretty darn smooth. The "More" Switch really makes a difference, for the distortion gets more crunchy, but sounds just as good. With a little delay, you'll be all set! My only gripe is there is some humming coming from the amp, especially when the "Gain" is turned all the way up. I'm sure fiddling around with the EQ could get rid of most of it...

I play all sorts of things for about 3 or 4 years. This pedal is definitely for someone looking for some sweet, smooth distortion, a la Joe Satriani(duh). It's a bit crunchy, but not overwhelmingly so, and the pedal features a pretty wide range of distortion. From this pedal, it's easy to get his tone, probably since I've heard he uses this pedal on stage. Using a tube amp really makes a difference. I was looking for a effects upgrade from my DigiTech RP250 (quantity of effects over quality), and it came down to the Vox Satchurator, Ibanez Jemini, or the T-Rex MAB pedal. The Satchurator won because it had more options than the T-Rex, and the sound was way more, I guess, "pure" than the Jemini. Plus, it was cheaper. I love the fact that it has true bypass, and when you do use it, it doesn't suck the life out of your guitar's tone. It sounds great on every setting, and my amp's onboard Delay makes it that much sweeter. My only gripe is the hum I mentioned before. If it were stolen, I'd replace it right away. Thanks to this pedal, I'm eager to see what Vox and Satch will do in the future, especially with the Vox Time Machine coming out.

This thing is built like a tank, and probably weighs as much as one, too. Every piece is really high quality, from the chicken-head knobs to the footswitches. You could rest assured that you don't need to bring a backup to the gig, as I do not see this thing breaking down in the future. The metal casing can probably take a beating (don't feel like throwing my pedal against a wall right now).

This powerful pedal is as simple as can be. There's an input jack, and output jack, and 9v charger outlet on the sides. On top it has 3 controls: "Gain" "Tone" and "Volume." In addition to the "On" footswitch, there is a "Pad" Switch, which enables you to put high-gain pedals before the Satchurator, and a "More" footswitch, which basically overdoses the amount of distortion. There is a manual, but it's not really necessary, since the pedal is so straight forward.