Satchurator review by Vox

Vox: Satchurator

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: Music Workshop

I previously used this as Guitar -> Vox v847 wah -> Satchurator -> Amp, which got me the sound I was looking for. now I go Guitar -> Satchurator -> Vox Tonelab (with Vox v847 wah in effects loop) -> Amp/Speakers/PA/whatever. my Tonelab usually emulates a Vox Ac30TB, because coupled with this pedal, plus some of the ones built into the Tonelab it gives off a great shred tone. the only thing I don't like is the fact that when the gain is set to 10 the more Switch doesn't do anything really noticeable. but with the right dialling in you can nail Satch's sound in an instant.

I play a lot of shred, but lately I have been playing a lot of classic rock and blues, turning the gain down gives a nice crunch, and the more Switch adds gain on for a nice solo sound, although I prefer having the Tube Screamer in my Tonelab for a solo gain boost. I was originally going to buy a Gemini until I A)saw the price B) realized they weren't coming out for another 4 months, so I settled on this and I am extremely happy with it, I also bought my Vox v847 wah that day as well and I got both at a combined price of $400aud with a free wall-wart and daisy chain. they have booth become regulars in my foot pedal set-up and when I finally get around to building my pedal board they will be permanent residents.

There is really not much I can say on this, it has a metal chasis so it is tough as a tank, I could jump on it all day and it wouldn't break, there are LED's which light up when you select on/off and more, although I wish it had the same thing as the Gemini, where the knobs light up to, so you can see what your settings are in a dark area. I would most definately use this Live, and already have once. but I would never use it Live running on batteries as I have a habit of playing right up until we go on stage, and I don't trust battery life on pedals.

I have #347 of god knows how many where made in the batch. it comes in cherry red, Basic design a Gain, Tone and Volume knob, an on/off Switch a more Switch and a pad Switch. the gain knob is great as it isn't like some other pedals that are "turn it up to half-way for a slight increase, then from 5 to 6 it is like blues crunch to metal". the tone knob takes a bit of fiddling to find where you want it and I usually leave mine at about 11 O'clock. The pad Switch is very useful, especially when I run this pedal before the Vox Tonelab.

wilmearz
    for my attempt at joes wah tone with the satchurator check out my surfing with the alien cover on my profile.
    CigarKid
    I use this pedal with the Weeping Demon Wah and I swear they were made for each other. I recommend switching the "range" switch to "lo" for the best sound. (I also use a noise surpressor with my pedal setup as I recommend using a noise surpressor with any pedal setup)