Satchurator review by Vox

Vox: Satchurator

Purchased from: Tom's River Music Center

this pedal works extremely well with any guitar. I usually play my favorite guitar, my alpine white strat, through this pedal, but I also play my early nineties Washburn and my Epiphone les paul through this pedal. I've played it with a range of amps, from a fifteen watt Line 6 to a half stack, and through every amp I've used it sounds beautiful. It surprisingly feeds back very little, definitely the quietest distortion pedal I've ever heard (and I've tried them all), and on a clean sound this pedal creates a perfect rhythm and lead sound through use of the "more Switch", but more on that later. I use this pedal to emulate my favorite guitarists (the guitar masters Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Yngwie Malmsteen), and it works perfectly with their sounds and also works very well for the signature sound that I've created for myself. My favorite feature is the more Switch, which essentially acts as a second distortion pedal and boosts the gain to a perfect solo sound. Amazing.

I play instrumental music, in a range of styles, from blues to funk to metal to just straight up rock, and the Satchurator shines in every genre. This pedal suit's my style (if you can call every style a style) perfectly, and if it were ever lost or stolen I would hunt whoever did it down and make them suffer (only after buying a new one of course). I love the more switch, and the pad Switch (which makes the Satchurator compatible with Vintage or otherwise incompatible pedals), and the distortion is the biggest I have ever heard. There's really nothing that can compare in caliber to this distortion pedal, but the closest sound I can say is similar is the sound in revelation off of Joe Satriani's new album, professor satchafunkalis and the musterion of rock. Everything from the sound to the red finish is perfect about this pedal, and as a player with a lot of experience I'd highly recommend it.

this is definitely the most dependable and versatile distortion pedal in existence. Every component is the highest possible quality, from the rugged metal chassis to the internal circuitry, and I would most certainly gig without a backup with this pedal, the only other pedal I need is my Dunlop Slash crybaby.

This pedal is by far the single best distortion unit of all time. it's ease of use coupled with it's perfect tone create a fusion that will please both beginners and tone pros. Getting a good sound, any good sound, is a breeze with this pedal. The distortion ranges from a smooth bluesy Overdrive to a thick, creamy, huge sounding distortion. This is the first in a line of pedals by Vox designed by Joe Satriani, and the Satchurator and the time Machine both have far surpassed the expectations that come with their respective archetypes and predecessors.