Satchurator review by Vox

Vox: Satchurator

My guitar is a Ibanez SAS36FM, I have not upgraded my pickups yet so I still have the standard Ibanez pickups. My amp is a Roland 30 watt cube x. I go guitar>satchurator>amp. Even through my shitty little transistor amp I can get a great tone, a awesome tone. It sounds almost like I would play through a tube amp and I've also done that and the sound does not differ that much. I have my amp on a clean setting so I get all my distortion through the Satchurator. I can honestly say that it is the best pedal I've ever heard, it's amazing. I can go from blues to even metal, yes even metal! If I want the metalish sound I simply turn up the tone so I get a more sharper distortion. For the more bluesy, rock tone I turn back the tone knob a bit for the more wet distortion. It is a really variable pedal! The more Switch also really makes the sound different. If the gain is on a lower setting and I turn on the more Switch I get maximum distortion. If I already have the gain turned up all the way and I hit the more Switch I just get a little bit more, it feels like it's just adding another layer of the same distortion.

I play everything from blues to metal and this pedal can do everything. Sure it isn't the ultimate pedal for metal but hey, it does the job. It is easy to get the Satriani tone (which I btw love) but it is so much more then just his pedal, it's My pedal now. I have not used the pad Switch yet but it seems like a great invention. If this pedal was stolen I would definitely buy it again and I would find the son of a b--ch who stole it beat him up with the pedal because it's super durable. This is a great pedal that I can recommended to absolutely everyone, it's the best I've ever heard!

This thing is built to last. I can never imagine it breaking down, unless you start to hit it with a hammer or something and even then you would have a hard time destroying it. I would certainly use it on a gig without backup because I'm not afraid of it breaking, I feel like it really can't do that.

The Satchurator is probably the easiest pedal ever to use. It has one gain knob (which apparently controls the gain), one tone knob (which controls the tone) and a volume knob. The pedal has lots of gain, I mean lots. It is very easy to get a nice sound out of it. The tone knob is very sensitive thou. I keep mine at about 9'o clock for the rock sound and about 11'o clock for the punkish, metalish sound. It is supereasy to use.

YJM33
    I hate this pedal mine sounds scratchy and it has WAY too much treble. I regret ever buying it.