Satchurator review by Vox

Vox: Satchurator

Distortions are fickle boxes. This one is as good as any and for me it gives me a great tone without washout or over fuzz. It is articulate and does just what Joe says it does. I dig it and I am pretty picky about gains. I get the Joe tone on my rig and seeing how Joe has two of them on his board (low and high gain). I do not understand the negative comments here and there. I am normally not a fan of fuzz units and this unit is more than any diode fuzz box. It has not clarity and feel with little artifacts in the structure. Pinch harmonics and some english on your playing and it is really cool.

I have a very picky board and this is a keeper. I like the sound and although I run other gains and ODs this one will remain on the board as a really unique flavor. I run a Fat Boost before my Wah and I have an OCD before the Satchurator so the PAD is on. I always use the Fat Boost which stays on most of the time. My OCD is set for LP and a cleaner boost which can be on with this unit but it does not need it. The Fat Boost just enhances the overall tone and brings out the quality of this unit especially if you like put some english into your picking. Thanks Joe. Keep 'em coming!

I have never used any Vox stuff before. But it seems very well made and just a great color. I was never that into red but Joe has me digging the color. I like to just hold it and look at it, really just a cool box. When it's on the board I cannot see the inset stamped cool Vox logo so when I moving things around I like to just look at the quality of this one. Controls are reasonably firm without being too sloppy or loose. Jacks are tight without forcing or a weird fit like some have. I gave a 9 here because I just have no idea of the durability. I take care of my stuff so I am sure this will last for ages.

Simple std. Layout, you need to understand the special features. More: boost Switch which adds a little "more" gain and tone grit without boosting the volume. If you have the gain on 2:00 the "more" will be like you turned it full up. If you have the gain already up this still gives you a touch "more". Pad: Use when you have this on a board or a Wah in front. It is a transparent pad just so the input does not clip. It does not make a difference in the tone or sound.

LolCatGuitar
    YJM33, Lrn2EQ Just turn the treble on your amp and satchurator down, because when joe plays it, he turns the tone down because of the majorz treble.
    blacksunshine13
    Hendryhz
    blacksunshine13 wrote: for a distorted peddle the isn't a lot of gain to get out of it and i have noticed that its not as loud as some of the other pedals on my rig its a good sounding brute it just needs more volume on the output
    I think it's loud enough. I always have the a little bit over the half way of the volumn. It's sounds great with all of my gear. Satch style doesn't need a loud style and he just do the right thing in his music.