Satchurator review by Vox

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Vox: Satchurator

I have played this pedal using an Ibanez RGD320 and an Ibanez RG321MHthrough many amps from Peavey to Marshall to even a Line 6 Spider half stack just to see if it would make it sound any better. And the answer is NO. This is probably one of the most overrated distortion pedals I have ever come across and here are my reasons: 1. Wayyyyy to much treble even if I keep the tone at about 9 o'clock or less it still gets fuzzy and sounds even worse than the Line 6's distortion. 2. The tone is NOT very usable. 3. If I put the treble down on my amp my clean gets muddy and nobody really wants that. 4. This does NOT work good as a booster pedal as well it still sounds terrible. 5. The "more" Switch only adds gain it does not really help when your trying to cut through the mix when your playing in a band. I realy wonder how Joe Satriani himself can get a good tone with this pedal and still have decent clean sounds also...

I think this is a horrible pedal that I really regret buying. I don't love anything about it but hate quite a few things about this pedal and no I will never bother buying this thing again. Other than this pedal I have also tried the Ibanez Jemini and to my surprise the Jemini was a thousand times better. The tone is more usable,it has a very nice smooth and even tone for boosting and the tone does not get fuzzy. I don't know why people think the Jemini is nowhere as good as the Satchurator when it fact the Satchurator sucks. And lastly why does Joe Satriani even need this lousy excuse for a distortion pedal when he as a really great amp that can produce some of the greatest distorted sound I have ever heard, I mean think about it this way if you buy a distortion pedal then you might as well just buy an amp without any distortion on it because the amp would probably cost less if there was no distortion channel.

This pedal is fairly solid except for the batter compartment because usually when I Pick it up from the ground the battery falls off.

This pedal is really easy to use since it only has 3 knobs. Not much to say about this really cause the 3 knobs are just Gain, Tone and Volume.

Hendryhz
    Hendryhz wrote: blacksunshine13 wrote: for a distorted peddle the isn't a lot of gain to get out of it and i have noticed that its not as loud as some of the other pedals on my rig its a good sounding brute it just needs more volume on the output I think it's loud enough. I always have the a little bit over the half way of the volumn. It's sounds great with all of my gear. Satch style doesn't need a loud style and he just do the right thing in his music.
    Ops, I get it! It's a little bit loudless in my pedals chain. I need to roll up the volumn full and drive a overdrive to it in order to make the sound more punchy and get a little bit more granule. It's perfect for my limit gears. I love Satchurator! It's versatile enough for my music in nomal. If you wanna a extreme metal sound, get it away.
    raskolnikovband
    I can't get a light bluesy crunch with that pedal... Even with the gain knob at minimum position i get a very fuzzy sound. Anyone knows if this is a manufacturing problem or how I should set the pedal ? Please help ! Thanks
    deletedacct123
    Definitely not all its cracked up to be. lots of noise, pedal fuzz, and WAY too much treble. maybe good for solos or something, but if your looking for overall good tone, you wont find it here