V-845 Wah Review

manufacturer: Vox date: 05/31/2011 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Vox: V-845 Wah
 1,042
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
V-845 Wah Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 31, 2011

Purchased from: mug.se

Ease of Use: Nothing complex here. As usual it has Guitar I/o ports, and 9v DC input. You have to press it on toe to engage it, and this is the only part that I don't like(I wish it had those optical switching, but again considering its price can't demand much, we can discuss this more in latter sections. But in terms of usability nothing to complain. // 10

Sound: Ok when I bought this pedal, in stock condition the pedal in bypass mode was a massive tone sucker. PS: I am was using a guitar equipped with Dimarzio-Tonezone(18k Ohm output). It used to suck so much tone that I stopped using it until I did a True Bypass Mod.I am a total noob, and I never did any kind of mod on anything, and I was able to perform this mod fairly easily. I am a noob guitarist, and Vox V845 was my 1st Wah, and I haven't played other Wah (except in music shops). I find the Wah-effect very pleasing, I can say it can be compared to starting level Cry Baby. I feel there is a need for a little bit more depth, or may be its just me. and because this is my 1st Wah I still need to learn some proper usage of Wah-wah. I recommend running it on DC batteries to have a noise free experience. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Yes, it definitely looks like a reliable hardware. Nicely built. While playing it sometimes in excitement I put most of my body weight on it, and it stays quiet stable. I am using this pedal from past 6 months, no issues regarding durability. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, and usage of Wah has helped me in bringing lots of interesting variations to an otherwise ordinary sounding usual metal riff. As I mentioned in earlier sections that I am a below average guitar player(started like 2.5 yrs back). I usually use the Amplifier distortion, so basically the Wah output goes to Amp, but sometimes I use Boss DS-1 Distortion if I need more raw sounding distortion, also I use Zoom g1(which was my 1st effects) to get other effects. But recently after I performed a True Bypass mod on it; It has replaced all my effects, this one pedal can bring so much variation in the same riff. The price I payed was 600 SEK ~= 100 $ , yeah Sweden is a expensive country, but this was the second cheapest Wah in the shop, 1st one was Behringer Hellbabe(428 SEK). I would say it was a fair deal, I like this pedal a lot. ofcourse with more money you could always get better stuff, but for its price it is quiet satisfactory (ONLY AFTER TRUE BYPASS MOD). // 7

More Vox reviews rating category latest review
+ Valvetronix VT20+ 8.8 Guitar Amplifiers 02/10/2016