V-850 Volume review by Vox

Vox: V-850 Volume

I have left out my personal set-up in this, as I feel it does'nt matter for the 'sound' through this thing. This volume pedal is great for those who don't want a volume pedal that colours the tone of your guitar/amp like the much more expensive Morleys do. There's no tone sucking, and the amp still sounds bright. I use it at the beggining of my daisy chain, which I would recommend for everyone. I've become obsessed with swells now!

I play a lot of Mark Knopfler stuff, hence I purchased this volume pedal. It does the job so well. I love using this thing to put alot more expression into things as well. Another thing it's great for, is use with a cranked valve amp, I use this pedal, instead of the volume on my guitar to tame the Overdrive on a valve amp, it's cleans it up real nice, then it's just a simple roll forward from the foot to get the more gain for a solo or something. A minimal volume knob would make this pedal more versitile, as I have to have accurate footwork if I'm using it solely as a boost at the moment. As for value, I still feel 60 is a lot for one petentiometer, but oh well. If this was lost/stolen, I would definatly buy it again.

This is extreamly reliable, it's a huge lump of heavy metal, enough to kill a flock of Llama with. It's heavy and doesnt slip on stage or anywhere else. I give it a 9, because, when it came, it wouldn't shut the volume off all the way on full tilt back at loud volumes (we're talking a fully cranked 30w valve amp though). But as it's the simpist thing inside, I just re-calibrated the pot, and it was fine. Apart from this there's been no problems, and I've had it 6 months. If something does go wrong, it will no doubt be the easiest thing to fix, even for the worst 'electricians' out there.

This pedal can't really be of any challenge to use, as it's just one big potentiometer. Just add it to your daisy chain, or effects loop and you're done.

will-loves-zep
    will this encourage feedback on my amp? should i get an overdrive or volume pedal for solos (or both!)?
    Multiplayerjon
    Semi_Hollow_Bod wrote: It sounds good but I think it looks like shit.
    um yeah... Blue... the vox color. i wish it was black... Agreed
    jamie_hough
    Multiplayerjon wrote: Semi_Hollow_Bod wrote: It sounds good but I think it looks like shit. um yeah... Blue... the vox color. i wish it was black... Agreed
    I was thinking exactly the same thing...and its annoying that thats been enough to put me off buying one... Im fussy like that...