V-850 Volume review by Vox

Vox: V-850 Volume

I used this pedal on a bass. First thing I noticed when I plugged it between my bass and my amp was that it kills some of the high tones. Second thing is that it doesn't cut the sound off completely when you put your heel down which is kind of annoying since that's it's main purpose.

All in all it's not that bad for what you'd pay for one, but if you don't want a pedal that colors your tone, you might want to spend a little more money. I borrowed this one from my band's guitar player but I don't think I'll be missing it if he wants it back.

It's got the same housing as the Dunlop wah's so chances are that it will survive a plane crash. These pedals do have a tendency to start squeaking over time, putting some oil on the moving parts should fix the problem right away. It doesn't have a lot of wiring, so in case something goes wrong it should be easy to fix on your own.

It's a volume pedal, you can handle this one even after you have your brain removed and eaten by zombies. For those who've got a living undead nibbling at they're ear, there is a manual that explains how to connect it between your guitar and your amp. There are no extra knobs or anything to "struggle" with either and it's passive so it doesn't require any power supply.