V487 Wah review by Vox

Vox: V487 Wah

Purchased from: andertons music

I play an SG through a Vox VT20+, mostly I play horror punk (Misfits, Murderdolls, Wed' 13 etc) lead guitar but I often find my self playing classic rock type stuff when I'm bored (Led Zep, Cream and Hendrix/Slash type improvs). I have noticed that on some of the amp models the Wah sound weak or some what disjointed but on most it sounds awesome. If you have slightly microphonic pickups then having the Wah all the way forward (i.e.: turning it on/off) creates some unpleasant feedback. Over all its sound is simply epic, oh and forget what you've heard about Vox wahs not handling high gain and forget your silly Dunlop Crybabys this pedal loves making high gain amp modles scream like a slutty whore.

I did a lot of research on other wahs before buying this and I'm glad I did, it is undoubtedly the best Wah available and its good value too considering its heritage. If it was stolen I would track down whoever took it and use its well built rigidity to beat them to death, and then I'd run to Mexico to escape the police (with my wah, its evidence now).

This thing is built like a rock (as my broken toe will gladly tell you), I would gig this with out a back up but only if I had a power supply (the battery life is great even with cheap batteries but still). It definitely has quite a few years of faithful, excellent sounding service left in it yet.

This pedal couldn't be much easier to use, unscrew the feet, put a battery in it, Put the base on again, plug in some leads, rock! The feet could be a bit easier to unscrew but thats one flaw. Some people may prefer there wahs to be tuber controllable but those wahs are fussy and obnoxious (if they where people they would be). This is the original wah, it doesn't need fancy controls it does everything near perfectly with a plug in and play approach, now that is ease of use.

Seref
    To be fair, hearing the screams of slutty bitches is mostly what I want to accomplish out of my guitar playing.